Cargo Van Roof Raising

sixiron

Expert Expediter
Ditto on raising the roof....I need someone from the Norther Indiana area to confirm what co to contact to get just a raised roof and extended rear doors installed on an E-350 van....searches have not hit the right people yet ...calling on locals now to steer us...please...bd

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Try Unique Van Crafters on Dequindre Rd. in Roseville (?), Mi. NE of Detroit. 1 586-778-4444. You can get a cap installed for around $2,000. I cannot remember the name of the place, but there is a shop in Wixom, MI on Wixom Rd. north of the Ford Plant that specializes in making vans accessable for wheelchairs etc. I know that they have put the larger door on the back and raised roofs.

Drive Safe

sixiron

Expert Expediter
-------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks a bunch Larry, I will contact them..bd

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you havn't got van already look at the sprinter
can't belive what i'm able to do with the sprinter

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The company in Wixom, MI has been in business for at least 35 years. I used them back in 1968 when I returned from Vietnam and needed work done on my vehicle so that I could drive. I recently met a couple up in northern Michigan that had a roof installed by these guys and they were pleased with the work.

I recently used Unique Van Crafters for some interior work in my Chevy Express 3500 (not raised roof). Everyone I have spoken to has been pleased with their work.

You can contact both of these companies and ask for references.

Drive Safe

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
Thanks Larry i will give them a call when the time comes,i live in the Chicagoland area and am hoping to find a shop in my area.