Cargo Van Owner/Operator App based scams?

FedCity

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi all. Just wondering if any of you all have come across blatant scams when responding to cargo van owner operator ads.

I recently came across a company called A to Z expeditors which directs you to download an app called Loadhive. They want bank account info before approving me as a driver. I asked for more info about the company (they have no website I could find) and the only thing I was given was an address in the Chicago burbs to add to my insurance that is a rented apartment.

Advice?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If a carrier isn't active here on EO and has been for at least 2-3 years have nothing to do with them. It may mean missing out on a good but unknown carrier however it is much more likely to save you from a bad carrier. You can be 99.97% certain any carrier who has been active on EO for over 3 years is not a bad carrier. They may not be the best but they aren't nearly the worst either.

buk

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hi all. Just wondering if any of you all have come across blatant scams when responding to cargo van owner operator ads.

I recently came across a company called A to Z expeditors which directs you to download an app called Loadhive. They want bank account info before approving me as a driver. I asked for more info about the company (they have no website I could find) and the only thing I was given was an address in the Chicago burbs to add to my insurance that is a rented apartment.

Advice?

i feel like this thread should be stickied.. along with adding loadhive to the title.. i dont know if they are a scam or not but today it kept requesting location permissions even tho i set it to only while app is running and i selected that option 10x and it kept popping up randomly even with the app closed so i just uninstalled it

i did not feel comfortable giving them all my info