Cargo Van Freight Volume

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't know about that. Saw the LA board for the Cat this week and it was 5 vans, 4 were teams, and it was a one a day board. Not too good for the second largest city in the US.

La used to be a 3-4 a day board. I'm trying to erase the West Coast from the Cargo van segment of this business. Gotta charge $2 per mile when going into Seattle. Been sitting here 17 days, I suppose it is not a bad place to sit but the lows will be dropping down to mid 40's next week which is easier to deal with in April... currently a one man band with no freight. Next week will be the determining factor. Trying to keep my head up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like davekc and you are on the same page regarding this topic. :)

Dave is a pretty smart guy even without all the fancy charts and high priced predictions.....you just have to take a step back and look and listen to see that trends are changing...be a realist instead of blind.....the industry is morphing again....the last 2 yrs were NOT a fluke....March/April/May we used to be begging to stop...had to go OOS to get a break and that didn't stop the calls....last 2 yrs we've seen nothing close to that...Now it seems we have peaks, smaller peaks, blink and it s over...miss one and your sitting till the next one....of course all IMO...some people are going to be hurt....of course CV related opinion...
sign.jpg

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Many of you have run one 2 pound box from Lansing to Laredo, right? Now add up a 1000 of those runs in one year at a 1000 dollars a run..
Wrong, at least not me. That equates to .63/mi. Must be those pesky Penskes. Roger and the boys are inadvertently ruining our business.