Cargo van age

Youngguns12

Active Expediter
What is the age requirement for a cargo van to be leased to Panther? looked all over there website and can't find anything and I know some companies want at least 5 or newer I think. Thanks for any and all help for my question.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When Ibcalled them it was something like 8 years, bscause I have a 2005 and it was to old for them. I have a sprinter.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When Ibcalled them it was something like 8 years, bscause I have a 2005 and it was to old for them. I have a sprinter.

8 Years is correct (called today). You can get a 2005 on if your recruiter approves. Most likely if it is a clean low mileage Sprinter they will allow it (if you send pictures and get it pre-approved) since they allow weight up to 3000lb on their Sprinters and the extended ceiling is always a extra plus. They don't take into account that the 04-06 were some of the best Sprinters made with the best MPG. They will be around for years to come, I don't plan on getting a new one until 2016 or later when they redesign. Until then I'll be modifying the 04-06 and enjoying the 25-27 mpg. :)