CARB

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
Well since I was on a jag though this would be good time to rant on CA. and CARBs crazy mandates.
I have read the news on what they want and have figured out it just ain't worth going to CA. anymore.
I bought a new APU this year to keep comfortable,a new thermoking temp control unit for several reasons on of which was CA. i will be dammed if I am going to spend the estimated 25 grand to upgrade everything and then in a few years do it all over again so I am now Figuring California is the same as another country that does not want out business and starting the first of the year i am going to stop doing business with any unfriendly country.
I invite each and every one to join me in this and Just say NO to being treated like second class citizens,how dare they sit in their air conditioned offices and tell me that I must endure 100 degree temps without the benefit of being able to use the equipment I spent a LOT of money trying to be "green" and now they say i need to spend a lot more well when it comes out of their pocket I will be glad to use their unproven technology until then someone else can go broke trying to meet their impossible demands.
The final straw came when one of the carb members was asked how a truckdriver was suppose to stay comfortable his reply was i have no idea but it ain't my problem
I still wonder if everyone in that Country,er state is brain dead, is it any wonder their finances are in a complete mess

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I guess I find the entire mess somewhat overblown.

One day I was at work in Ann Arbor and had an invite to go down the street to the EPA testing lab to see what they do there. They were working on particle filters in one area of the lab and the guy who was testing them didn't see the reason for them when there the electronic fuel injection system does a very good job in running the diesel clean anyway. He mentioned California and what he and others think that it may end up in the courts because of the way this will all play out, the states are now regulating interstate commerce to the point of interfering with it.

Even though the supreme court has ruled that the EPA does not have the final say so, Congress does no matter what the courts do because they are mandated by the constitution to regulate interstate commerce and not the states.

Beside, I am wondering about NAFTA, the states can not create any laws or regulations that restrict treaties and the one thing that we all know about it the Mexican trucks which fall under a treaty. So what is California to do, they can't stop those trucks.