CARB sued by OOIDA (Finally)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If it was Federal Regulation when truck was assembled it is their ( the builder) job to know and abide by all the regs.

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Would you want to upgrade the truck with something that might work ?

I'm hoping that's a joke, as the smiley is conspicuously absent.

Relying on the state of California to determine "what will work" is foolish, IMHO. Start with their "approval of "Smartway" products and go from there. I'm only upgrading because I have to, and with the bare minimum, at the last possible date, and only because my wife's and my business demands it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Relying on the state of California to determine "what will work" is foolish, IMHO. Start with their "approval of "Smartway" products and go from there. I'm only upgrading because I have to, and with the bare minimum, at the last possible date, and only because my wife's and my business demands it.

We find we do better by NOT going out to The Granola State. That states regulations, and the VERY could chance that they may spread, are just SOME of the reasons we are considering getting OUT of expediting. Their ability to change the rules in mid stream puts the profitability of the entire industry in question.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
We find we do better by NOT going out to The Granola State. That states regulations, and the VERY could chance that they may spread, are just SOME of the reasons we are considering getting OUT of expediting. Their ability to change the rules in mid stream puts the profitability of the entire industry in question.

And your business is different than ours. We find it very profitable to go there, and with great regularity. We're there somewhere between 3 and 8 times per month. Too often to ignore.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And your business is different than ours. We find it very profitable to go there, and with great regularity. We're there somewhere between 3 and 8 times per month. Too often to ignore.

Well aware of differences. Just passing along our experience.

I don't know what I would do if we were in your shoes. I HATE bowing down to those who pull crap like the Granola State is pulling. Don't know that there is enough money out there to make me do it. I would be more inclined to fight it and go broke on the principle of it. Done it before, but I was younger then. Never easy.

cubansammich

Not a Member
It's just like the Canadian speed limiters. You either stand up and say no more or you bow down and do what you are told.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That kind of sounds like your looking at it in a "zero sum" kind of way, as if that revenue were gone you couldn't replace it. Wouldn't keeping the thousands it will take to make your truck compliant and running freight to other locations be an option?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
That kind of sounds like your looking at it in a "zero sum" kind of way, as if that revenue were gone you couldn't replace it. Wouldn't keeping the thousands it will take to make your truck compliant and running freight to other locations be an option?

We've tried looking at this from several different angles. That said, 2013 was our best year since we've been in the business, and a good part of that is high-paying freight into and out of California. Definitely not zero-sum. We have given assurance to our carrier that we'll still be able to go, one way or another.

Besides, how can I party with that guy from Kitchener if I can't make it to his retirement pad? He's promised me there will be a stripper pole installed when I get there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
He promised a pole, but didn't promise strippers ??

Sorry AJ, you're a nice guy, but I din't want to see YOU working the pole. :eek:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Clearly, you've never seen me in action with my banana hammock. I've been watching Jerry Springer for training.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Besides, how can I party with that guy from Kitchener if I can't make it to his retirement pad? He's promised me there will be a stripper pole installed when I get there.

He promised a pole, but didn't promise strippers ??

Sorry AJ, you're a nice guy, but I din't want to see YOU working the pole. :eek:

Clearly, you've never seen me in action with my banana hammock. I've been watching Jerry Springer for training.
2210.jpg