Cant see time of last post when browsing

robh2

Veteran Expediter
I did search but could not find anyone else asking this question.

I am using chrome on a pc and a mac. When I am looking under "new posts" and I see all the newest since my last visit, I look across to the next to last column that shows who posted last and the time on that particular subject.

This is how the column reads for topic "Still needs fixed":

Last Post: Today 03
by layoutshooter

Instead of:

Last Post: Today 03:50 PM
by layoutshooter

Any one know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Robert

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure if there's a fix Rob, but the post time still shows while using the EO app. Why it doesn't on a computer no clue.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's a layout design problem, how the frames are laid out. It's the same problem with multiple pages where if there are 1 and 2 pages, those show up to the far right of the "Started by" time, but if there are three or more the wrap to the next line. The vertical columns are hard coded for size, instead of redrawing automatically to accommodate wider text. The columns for Number of Replies and Views, Last Post and Forum have to be a fixed size in order to allow for the room necessary on the far right of the page to allow for ads. On forums where there are no ads along the far right column, the forum sections automatically stretches out to the right and left to fill the page.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I did search but could not find anyone else asking this question.

I am using chrome on a pc and a mac. When I am looking under "new posts" and I see all the newest since my last visit, I look across to the next to last column that shows who posted last and the time on that particular subject.

This is how the column reads for topic "Still needs fixed":

Last Post: Today 03
by layoutshooter

Instead of:

Last Post: Today 03:50 PM
by layoutshooter

Any one know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Robert

It's not only a problem on you guys itty bitty handheld thingymabobs, I'm sitting here looking over the board on a 27 inch monitor and the board is all squished together down the middle of it. I can see "Last Post Tod" instead of TODAY, and by "Dogg" instead of Doggie Daddy, etc.

Lawrence covered it in another thread with 1 Sentence, and not a 785 word reply, that just said "We're still working on it". Give 'em time, it should be back to normal sooner or later.

robh2

Veteran Expediter
Thanks guys. Didn't see the Lawrence post. Just making sure it wasn't just me. :eek:)

Robert

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's not only a problem on you guys itty bitty handheld thingymabobs, I'm sitting here looking over the board on a 27 inch monitor and the board is all squished together down the middle of it. I can see "Last Post Tod" instead of TODAY, and by "Dogg" instead of Doggie Daddy, etc.
No one in this thread ever said it was a problem with itty bitty handheld thingymabobs. They said it's a problem on both a PC and a Mac. In fact, it was noted that it's not a problem on itty bitty handheld thingymabobs.

Lawrence covered it in another thread with 1 Sentence, and not a 785 word reply, that just said "We're still working on it". Give 'em time, it should be back to normal sooner or later.
That's pretty funny considering your post is nothing more than a long-winded "me too!". But at least it afforded you the opportunity to take an unwarranted exaggerated pot shot. Can't let those pass you by.

I'm still waiting on them to finish the Shopping Cart.