Canada Can't check PAP's

bryan

Veteran Expediter
HI

Last week I was taking a load from Toronto back to the US.The broker was Wilson.I faxed the paper work and then called them about an hour later to be sure they got every thing.I drove to with in 30 miles of the border and called Wilsons to see if my PAP's was in the system.The lady told me they no longer do that.If I want to check my PAP's I have to get on the internet or call my dispatcher and have them do it.Now my questions are: is this all brokers or just Wilson?What are the new procedures?Do they still fine you $10,000 if you are not in the system?Does anyone have the 4 phases of ACE?

Now when going into Canada I have found the brokers are giving you the transaction # when you check your PAR's.This works great.The best system I have found yet.This way if Customs computers are down they can still run you through because all they need to clear you is this #.

Wish the US could catch up to Canada.Especially the FAST system.Also Dupont is going to the CND FAST system.I was at the brokers and a driver came in with a Dupont load and the broker just gave him a bar code card and sent him back to customs.Now thats user freindly.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If it were REALLY user friendly, they'd have one-stop shopping, lol. But it is getting better. :)