Cancer sucks!!!!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I just gotta say, I am sick of hearing this word! It has touched so many members of my friends and family, including my mother, sister, brother, and wife... and now we just got word that we lost one my wife's Sunday School class students.

Only 11 years old. What is the logic in this? Whether you look at things logically, religiously, morally, whatever... there is NO reason for this friggin disease!

I am so sick of hearing this word.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Amen. I don't care if you're religious, atheistic, agnostic, or just don't give a crap.. if ever there was a disease that embodied 'evil', however you view it.. this is it..

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I just gotta say, I am sick of hearing this word! It has touched so many members of my friends and family, including my mother, sister, brother, and wife... and now we just got word that we lost one my wife's Sunday School class students.

Only 11 years old. What is the logic in this? Whether you look at things logically, religiously, morally, whatever... there is NO reason for this friggin disease!

I am so sick of hearing this word.

I've lost a brother an aunt and a few friends to cancer over the years but what really angers me is when someone will fake cancer for sympathy or for personal gain, I watched cancer destroy my brother at 20yrs old and I witnessed the toll it took on him and the ones who tried to support him through it. Recently I've witnessed first hand a perfectly healthy person pretend and act the cancer card for personal gain and its made me sick to my stomach, they pretend to be sick one day and the next there perfectly fine. I'm sickened by the obvious deceit that some will go to just to be the center of attention!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Archer

Active Expediter
I'm one of the lucky ones, just had a pet scan and it show I'm still cancer free after one year from end treatment. I to have lost my mother and sister to cancer.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I'm one of the lucky ones, just had a pet scan and it show I'm still cancer free after one year from end treatment. I to have lost my mother and sister to cancer.

Good news my friend good news indeed!!!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
To those who have come through, awesome! I lost my brother, a sister in law, and then my mother and sister dealt with it. A couple months ago, my wife was added to the ranks of survivors. Thank God she did, but let me tell you, my world stood still. I took most of 2 months off to be with her during the health issues leading up to surgery, and the recovery.

Having seen what people go thru dealing with it, I can't imagine watching an 11 year old go thru all that.

I personally have to think that anyone who would use such a horrible thing for personal gain, to fake such a thing, surely would be a special class of low. That's all I can say about that.

Sure would appreciate prayers from those who believe, or even positive thoughts from you all in the morning. My wife will sit down with her Sunday school class and try to help them understand and cope.. I'm sure she will be with 10-12 tore up little girls. They were so excited that she was approved to come back and visit the class a couple weeks ago.

Dale

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
To those who have come through, awesome! I lost my brother, a sister in law, and then my mother and sister dealt with it. A couple months ago, my wife was added to the ranks of survivors. Thank God she did, but let me tell you, my world stood still. I took most of 2 months off to be with her during the health issues leading up to surgery, and the recovery.

Having seen what people go thru dealing with it, I can't imagine watching an 11 year old go thru all that.

I personally have to think that anyone who would use such a horrible thing for personal gain, to fake such a thing, surely would be a special class of low. That's all I can say about that.

Sure would appreciate prayers from those who believe, or even positive thoughts from you all in the morning. My wife will sit down with her Sunday school class and try to help them understand and cope.. I'm sure she will be with 10-12 tore up little girls. They were so excited that she was approved to come back and visit the class a couple weeks ago.

Dale

I don't pray but I hope for the best for your wife and my heart goes out to those kids in her class dealing with this loss. Positive thoughts sent and strength to be the rock those kids need. A friends mom, who is as dear to me as her daughter is battling breast cancer. It's hard to watch someone who was a second mom for over 25 years struggle and do nothing to help. I try to be positive and strong for her and my friend...give them laughs, encouragement and love. Cancer truly does suck!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Thank you Pandora.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
There are blogs and associations for nearly every type of cancer. Victims, and the people who care about them, can benefit from these groups. You can learn what to expect and how others are coping with their disease. You can learn about current treatments and experamental drugs still in the pipeline. You can learn enough about your disease so you can discuss your treatment with your doctor. The associations can give financial aid if needed. The associations always need volunteers and donations. If you have a few $'s left at the end of the month, I can't think of a better place to put them to work. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 941 E 86th St, Indianapolis, In 46240, Suite 100 is one that helped me.