Canceled Loads

dwthompson8

Rookie Expediter
More and more I find my loads are canceling. Just today I was canceled an hour before pu, which was at 1900. So i sat all weekend and most of today waiting to pick this load and all they have to pay is 99.33 for, lets just say 3 full days of waiting. Has this become a norm, personally the dry run pay is sadly not anywhere it should be to compensate the dwell time. I just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have not seen an increase in cancelled loads. They seem to come in clumps. I have noticed, over the years, that is normally the surface loads that cancel at a much higher rate than White Glove loads. The higher value of the load the less likely it is to cancel. Dry run pay is WAY too low.

dwthompson8

Rookie Expediter
we are a wg truck and in the past two weeks we have had two wg loads cancel so about $7000 of revenue out the window and to compensate we received just under $450....i'm just venting a little, cant do it to the wife that would be a bad idea we are being as we are in a confined space for long periods of time.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
we are a wg truck and in the past two weeks we have had two wg loads cancel so about $7000 of revenue out the window and to compensate we received just under $450....i'm just venting a little, cant do it to the wife that would be a bad idea we are being as we are in a confined space for long periods of time.

LOL! GOT IT! I know the story.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Better to vent here than on the phone to Green.
You can't delete or edit the taped call.

You do bring up a legitimate and frustrating issue.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Had a load in Laredo cancel on Thursday. About 300 miles deadhead- cancelled on my 3rd call to dispatch for a pickup number. Was told by customer svc girl that shipper told her it was just a quote and never an actual load.
Ok- 2nd load op of the day- yay we will get out on same day! NOT! 2pm pickup- problems crossing over from Mexico. We left yard when shipper locked gates at 600pm. Still no load. FedEx insisting we will be loaded Thursday night. I don't know by whom.., loaded 930am Friday morning. Friday delivery pushed to Monday. Delivered 6am yesterday morning- still have not gotten confirmation of detention time/pay. That system needs to be changed but that's a whole other topic of conversation.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Had a load from Savannah to MN dry run yesterday. In SC on dry run status for 30 hours. In service for 8 1/2 days. Completed 2 runs for 1050 miles. Slow does not describe this last week.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Oh I here you waited all weekend end and sitting in the doc all day watching all the other trucks pull away. Comes up on 6 o clock and the Dispatcher calls and says your load has already gone ITs on its way. Sitting in the dock all day watching the time roll away. Sittin at the dock all day - YouTube Is that good sure it is!!!!!

Attachments

• hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    hDF3FBC6ECCC.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 287
  • jumpyXSS.jpg
    jumpyXSS.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Jumpy.jpg
    Jumpy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Guess We've been lucky with the canceling loads most cancel within an hour or so after we accept them. Still sucks when it happens as who knows what great load you may have not got to see. But when you get right down to it well..... just check my signature. At least you get an oh I'm sorry from dispatch. That and $5 will get a cup of coffee at Starbucks at least.