Canadian Government spending!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had to laugh at this line....

NDP ethics critic Charlie Angus blasted the Conservative government for allowing drivers to charge so much overtime to taxpayers while planning to eliminate more than 19,000 federal jobs and preaching austerity measures to Canadians.

"For crying out lout, even Batman drove his own car," Angus said during question period.

"This is a government that's telling Canadians that the cupboard is bare, it's telling seniors they're going to work an extra two years. So if you're going to talk the talk, they need to walk the walk," he later told reporters.

Read more: Critics blast amount of overtime paid to ministers' drivers | CTV News

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
2 of the Cabinet Ministers use military drivers that aren't paid OT...Why don't all the ministers that qualify for cars use military drivers which could double for security?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Politicians need LESS security, not more. IF they were in more danger for their lives they MIGHT act in a more responsible manner with other people's lives and money. They MIGHT be less likely to tick people off.

In this country it is the 27 people that are still working and paying taxes that need protecting, when they are gone who is going to pay the bills and feed those who depend on them?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Politicians need LESS security, not more. IF they were in more danger for their lives they MIGHT act in a more responsible manner with other people's lives and money. They MIGHT be less likely to tick people off.

In this country it is the 27 people that are still working and paying taxes that need protecting, when they are gone who is going to pay the bills and feed those who depend on them?

These Cabinet Members have no security now...so your wish is granted....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is kinda weird that Ground Force One...the presidential buses...Prevost made, Canada at least the shells, Volvo owned are not even a U.S company.....like he rides around in a Volkswagon....LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is kinda weird that Ground Force One...the presidential buses...Prevost made, Canada at least the shells, Volvo owned are not even a U.S company.....like he rides around in a Volkswagon....LOL

How about this one? Politicians should be REQUIRED to pay back all the debt they put our countries in. If they cannot pay it back put THEM into debtors prison.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about this one? Politicians should be REQUIRED to pay back all the debt they put our countries in. If they cannot pay it back put THEM into debtors prison.

thats just stupid, sorry but it is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
thats just stupid, sorry but it is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Maybe so, but so is what they are doing to us. There is no valid excuse to be 13 TRILLION dollars in debt. They are the one's at fault. They are the ones who took on the responsibility. They are the one's who are not living up to that responsibility.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Maybe so, but so is what they are doing to us. There is no valid excuse to be 13 TRILLION dollars in debt. They are the one's at fault. They are the ones who took on the responsibility. They are the one's who are not living up to that responsibility.

Its strange really, or maybe I should chalk it up as divine intervention......you know, God does work in mysterious ways. I literally just got finished watching my old Pastor's sermon from Feb. 26th and opened up the soapbox and the comment above was the first one I read.

First off, let me explain why my family and I know longer go to his Church. Logistics. The Church is about 45 minutes from our home and everything was hunky-dory until we had kids. The almost 2 hour trek from Church to home was interrupting our two little one's naps. Also, I was part of the media ministry and I was unable to devote enough of my time to properly fulfill my duties. My family and I have found a new Church that is only 5 minutes from the house and we are now able to participate and have fellowship with many from our town we live in and are involved in many things to help our local families, which is very important to me. Anyway, I've struggled mightily for the last 3 years being away from my old Church and miss it very much, but I still stay in touch with many of the parishioners as well as the Pastor.

Which brings me to the reason I responded to this particular post. A week before this sermon my heart was heavy with sorrow on the state of our country, Christianity and politics as a whole. The soapbox, other Christians that I know and particulary my brother-in-law who is a Christian, card carrying Tea Party guy, Don't Tread on Me, Obama is a Muslim, the world is going to end kinda guy. I love 'em like a brother and would do anything for him(unfortunately when we talk politics, its like I'm listening to the soapbox.........most of you would love 'em), plus I'm stuck with him :)

So I called my Pastor and he and I met to talk about these things that were on my mind. My Pastor and I don't see eye-to-eye on everything(except for the Bible) and I found that to be even more so after our 2 hour long chat had ended. The one thing that was clear to both of us and what we both agreed upon was that, the state of our Union and all things political and religous isn't the fault of the Government but of we the people. Period. As he was walking me out of the Church he said two things to me. One, It was funny that we were having this discussion and he had recommended that I attend next weeks sermon because we was going to address many of the things we had just talked about. Two, he say's to me, "You know, Obama isn't even black, he's half white, half black." That one took me back a bit and I wondered why even brought up at that point. I'm still trying to figure that one out. But, I don't want to take away from his message and what is perception of the World today is.

Please, please, I would prefer if you were going to comment on his sermon to leave the whole, "He should lose his tax-exempt status for the Church, blah, blah, blah", start another thread about that if you think its important enough.

I wasn't planning on rambling on like I have and I apologize for that but I started typing and here I am. With that said, I would like to share with you and the participants of the forum my beloved Pastor's message from Feb. 26th.

Click on the link and scroll down to the title, "Recovery the Fumble in Government".

New Promise Church; Kirtland, Ohio - Media Manager

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

No, we're as much at fault as they are. Not those of us that refuse to accept social security and medicare and such, who reuse to even consider food stamps because we refuse to steal, but we as in the electorate that demanded these programs, who make the abolition of social security the "third rail" that no politician will consider touching. We, who would rather the government take care of aging family rather than doing it ourselves. We, who won't shout down the oldster who points her crooked finger at a politician during a town hall meeting, croaking, "Don't you touch my Medicare!" We, who felt guilty over the past and allowed the welfare state to take root. And we, who failed to heed the warnings and let the military-industrial complex take root.

We created Julia. And now we're broke, waiting for the economy to realize we're out of Other People's Money and crash. The US economy was the golden egg-laying goose, and we killed it and ate it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, we're as much at fault as they are. Not those of us that refuse to accept social security and medicare and such, who reuse to even consider food stamps because we refuse to steal, but we as in the electorate that demanded these programs, who make the abolition of social security the "third rail" that no politician will consider touching. We, who would rather the government take care of aging family rather than doing it ourselves. We, who won't shout down the oldster who points her crooked finger at a politician during a town hall meeting, croaking, "Don't you touch my Medicare!" We, who felt guilty over the past and allowed the welfare state to take root. And we, who failed to heed the warnings and let the military-industrial complex take root.

We created Julia. And now we're broke, waiting for the economy to realize we're out of Other People's Money and crash. The US economy was the golden egg-laying goose, and we killed it and ate it.

I do not disagree that we are to blame. We, as a Nation, keep reelecting these people, BUT, each Man is responsible for His own actions. There has NEVER been anything to stop any of those elected from acting in a responsible manner.

In the fullness of time, when each Man faces God, He cannot answer, "I did because I was reelected." Each must answer for their individual actions. God will judge on actions and intent, no the office held.

We did NOT create "julia". Julia, John and millions like them CHOSE to be the way that they are.

Programs like Medicare are 'forced' programs. SO much of the People's money is taken from them, often by force, that little remains to provide for one's self.

The MORE the government does, the more will need done. Government is the cause of the problems, not the answer.

Last edited:

clcooper

Expert Expediter
We did NOT create "julia". Julia, John and millions like them CHOSE to be the way that they are.

Programs like Medicare are 'forced' programs. SO much of the People's money is taken from them, often by force, that little remains to provide for one's self.

The MORE the government does, the more will need done. Government is the cause of the problems, not the answer.

which way is it they chose or is it they were forced .

why is it the Government is the cause of the problems??

how is it the Government is the cause of the problems??

John Gotti for president 2012

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is all a matter of choice.

A young couple, find out they are going to start a family. The husband gets laid off on the same day. What to do? Welfare? State medical aid? (this is a VERY true story, not fiction) OR? Work several other jobs. Grow food, catch it, shoot it. Buy your own insurance. Take a job that moves you half away around the world to support your family, in other words, accept the responsibilities of a MAN. Do NOT CHOOSE to be a 'kept person'.

It does NOT take ANY 'special talents' or extreme education. What it takes is a fierce desire to control one's own life and provide for one's family as one should.

How do I know this can be done? That young couple was my wife and myself.

All it takes is great will, determination and GUTS.

SO, either one believes that I am somehow, special, OR I am just too darned stubborn to accept a "Sugar Mommy".

I was the son of a coal/salt miner, did NOT grow up rich. NO special anything. Just chose to be a MAN.

The choice is that of the individual. When one is not happy, not succeeding, look in the closest mirror. There is where the biggest cause of the problem will be found.

Is this the 'easy' way through life, nope, it is the most difficult, and the most rewarding.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
and when was it you stared this family . was there 26 million other people laid off at that time . that were already laid off were have no luck at getting jobs .

back then they needed a 'special talent' or extreme education. . but today they dont .

was there any computers back then .

shoot their own food today . so 1 deer will last a family for how long . what is the limit on ducks . and that is if they see any . i used to see 20 deer in each herd (that is was in each feild )years ago . today a big herd is a mother on her fawns . . (about every other 5 feilds )

and those cities have all those big dirt lots that can grow food . and all those wild animals that are running down the streets .

how much will that move across the world cost . so they leave with no money. move to a area that has 10 dollar jobs and what will they have then . oh they will have a job great . but their debt where would it be . oh well they have a job . because that is all that matters.

and what about all of those Regulations . i guess the people that are laid off dont have any . the Regulations are waved for them ..

agian which is it . is it they chose or is it they are forced ??

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
and when was it you stared this family . was there 26 million other people laid off at that time . that were already laid off were have no luck at getting jobs .

back then they needed a 'special talent' or extreme education. . but today they dont .

was there any computers back then .

shoot their own food today . so 1 deer will last a family for how long . what is the limit on ducks . and that is if they see any . i used to see 20 deer in each herd (that is was in each feild )years ago . today a big herd is a mother on her fawns . . (about every other 5 feilds )

and those cities have all those big dirt lots that can grow food . and all those wild animals that are running down the streets .

how much will that move across the world cost . so they leave with no money. move to a area that has 10 dollar jobs and what will they have then . oh they will have a job great . but their debt where would it be . oh well they have a job . because that is all that matters.

and what about all of those Regulations . i guess the people that are laid off dont have any . the Regulations are waved for them ..

agian which is it . is it they chose or is it they are forced ??

Good night, no more. I am tired of it. It's too windy out. Hot. Might storm later.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It is all a matter of choice.

A young couple, find out they are going to start a family. The husband gets laid off on the same day. What to do? Welfare? State medical aid? (this is a VERY true story, not fiction) OR? Work several other jobs. Grow food, catch it, shoot it. Buy your own insurance. Take a job that moves you half away around the world to support your family, in other words, accept the responsibilities of a MAN. Do NOT CHOOSE to be a 'kept person'.

It does NOT take ANY 'special talents' or extreme education. What it takes is a fierce desire to control one's own life and provide for one's family as one should.

How do I know this can be done? That young couple was my wife and myself.

All it takes is great will, determination and GUTS.

SO, either one believes that I am somehow, special, OR I am just too darned stubborn to accept a "Sugar Mommy".

I was the son of a coal/salt miner, did NOT grow up rich. NO special anything. Just chose to be a MAN.

The choice is that of the individual. When one is not happy, not succeeding, look in the closest mirror. There is where the biggest cause of the problem will be found.

Is this the 'easy' way through life, nope, it is the most difficult, and the most rewarding.

Very true, sometimes you have to take big risks to just get by, but sometimes it pays off big. There are just to many scared little boys that will look for reasons they can't do the same thing. Some people have decided they can't before they even try.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums