Canada Canadian Expediter shot & killed in Chicago

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Due to the expense of the legal process of capitol punnisment I dont belive in the electric chair........
I belive in Electric stadium seating. BZZZZZAAAP!
After all you do save money in bulk.Bob Wolf.
As Chris Rock says, "Stabbing a guy is free."

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
I worked with a guy who's 70 year old mother was car-jacked,raped,murdered,and dumped in the woods.
The three sons drove the area for days. They found her car, which lead police to the bad guys who where using it as a daily driver.
The bad guys went to prison.
One son was counting the days til they got out to get his revenge.
I lost track of them,do not know the final chapter of the story.
)
Reminds me of a movie; Four Brothers (2005) Four Brothers (2005) - IMDb

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
BTW Cheri, Aberstar fast freight has the Gary Clarke donation set on their website.

Thank you.
PS If you have a PayPal acct, it takes all of 10 seconds to make a difference - otherwise, it might take 2 or 3 minutes. Either way, please donate, because the family left behind needs to know that there are good people in the world, too.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I made a donation last night. It feels good to know you are among the good people out there.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been to Memphis twice. The part I was in, you didn't have to know much. It just looked nasty. I made my delivery-- fortunately, that place is gated with active security-- and got out. Down near the rail yards, not too far from the airport, and when I saw warnings here to stay away from the truckstop there-- well, you don't have to look twice to see why.

That's why I posted what I did. A lot of people don't know about that place. A world of its own.

A friend of my son's used to work out of that yard, he told me a lot of stories about that place.There is some hoodlums that will walk out on the tracks trying to get trains to stop.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
That's why I posted what I did. A lot of people don't know about that place. A world of its own.

A friend of my son's used to work out of that yard, he told me a lot of stories about that place.There is some hoodlums that will walk out on the tracks trying to get trains to stop.

If you refer to the rail yard out of 3rd and horn lake rd you are right. One of the best salvage yard I went to was over there and it gets bad there. It's scary even in the day time. There has been many gunned down in broad daylight in frasier and orange mound.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you refer to the rail yard out of 3rd and horn lake rd you are right. One of the best salvage yard I went to was over there and it gets bad there. It's scary even in the day time. There has been many gunned down in broad daylight in frasier and orange mound.

I think thats where he said and yes thats true.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
St Louis downtown can be a dangerous place with all the smash and grab burglarys, knock out gamers and gang shootings be careful down there, never sleep downtown, go over to Collinsville its far safer, sorry to hear this, I PERSONALLY DONT TRUST ANY AREA AROUND CHICAGO YOU GOT TO WATCH YOUR BACK....

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

We have always called frasier the trailer park section of memphis

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
St Louis downtown can be a dangerous place with all the smash and grab burglarys, knock out gamers and gang shootings be careful down there, never sleep downtown, go over to Collinsville its far safer, sorry to hear this, I PERSONALLY DONT TRUST ANY AREA AROUND CHICAGO YOU GOT TO WATCH YOUR BACK....

Like anyplace else, a bit of local knowledge goes a long way. I wouldn't try to catch some rest in the truck in the Austin neighborhood if you paid me for it, and certain of the near suburbs are risky too. On the other hand, if I didn't already live here I might try it in the Target parking lot just a few blocks from where I live. Well lit and police-patrolled, it's been a while since I last read of violent crime in the neighborhood.

OK, reality check time: We're trying to catch some rest in truck stops and interstate rest areas, and truth to tell some of these places can be as bad as the worst city neighborhoods. I know about Memphis from this forum and because of what the neighborhood looks like, I know the stop on the West side of Fort Wayne, Indiana is more than a little risky because of what I heard on CB, but what of all the places you hear nothing about before you get there? Predators don't restrict themselves to inner-city neighborhoods, some of them like to travel to remote locations because they're more likely to find easy marks there. It might not be a bad idea to watch your back anywhere.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
But it is illegal for the "good" citizens of Chicago and the surrounding burbs to have guns..how could this happen!?!? :rolleyes:

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Not that long ago I had a feeling I was being followed across NM late at night, No matter what I did I couldn't shake this jeep with a couple of guys in it...finally I called 911 then forwarded to the troopers and told them my location and about my concerns....I was told there's 3 units just ahead and for me to signal when I saw them...about 3 minutes the 1st trooper pulled behind the jeep from the median then the other troopers joined in and took the jeep off the road....I don't know what happened behind me but you can't wait till something does happen to react....still wondering what was up to this day and my advice is when your hair stands up on the back of your neck you should go with your gut feelings.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Not that long ago I had a feeling I was being followed across NM late at night, No matter what I did I couldn't shake this jeep with a couple of guys in it...finally I called 911 then forwarded to the troopers and told them my location and about my concerns....I was told there's 3 units just ahead and for me to signal when I saw them...about 3 minutes the 1st trooper pulled behind the jeep from the median then the other troopers joined in and took the jeep off the road....I don't know what happened behind me but you can't wait till something does happen to react....still wondering what was up to this day and my advice is when your hair stands up on the back of your neck you should go with your gut feelings.

Your situational awareness and willingness to act are commendable. When you are being followed by a suspicious vehicle, the right thing to do is call the police.

Last edited: