Canada Canada discovers the coe

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see a smaller bunk area shaded in behind cab....them company drivers don't "usually" do long haul and work out of the same distribution center for the most part.....so a big bunk would not be high on the "I need" list....probably use them on the company trucks...

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It grates on one to see your home on the road -- that is your sleeper -- labeled as wasted space. The Walmart guy's anti-driver bias comes through loud and clear.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It grates on one to see your home on the road -- that is your sleeper -- labeled as wasted space. The Walmart guy's anti-driver bias comes through loud and clear.

it is a company truck....as I said above....the driver is usually home for the 34 out of the distribution center....
at least a Walmart driver always has a sleeping spot....

Last edited:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Looking at it closely, it still looks like they are comparing two 'Day Cabs" not sleepers.... Now here is a comfy sleeper;
SLEEPER.jpg

or if a Team;
SLEEPER2.JPG

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
The problem they are having with those Argosys, is that Freightliner will not update them to be compliant for the North American eco-crap demands. Walmart is trying to convince the Canadian Minister of Silly Walks that it is more green to be able to use this truck, specced the way FL has it, than putting less freight on an up to date eco-crap model. Of course we all see thru Wallyworld's faux compassion for the environment, in that, they just want to stuff more money per trip on their trucks.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I don't think it's a problem that they won't do it.
They can't do it.
I believe they can't get enough air to the motor. And/or heat issues.

Last I heard they still made them for export. If they could figure out how to sell them here I'm sure they would.

They'd have the only truck in a niche market..

We all know what that would mean.

$$$$$$$

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I don't think it's a problem that they won't do it.
They can't do it.
I believe they can't get enough air to the motor. And/or heat issues.

Last I heard they still made them for export. If they could figure out how to sell them here I'm sure they would.

They'd have the only truck in a niche market..

We all know what that would mean.

$$$$$$$

I was told by an Argosy aficionado that FL will not make the Argosy with the new system BECAUSE the niche is too small. They won't even make the chassis for the glider kits in the US. They will for Canada, however. I would LOVE a 2013/14 Argosy glider.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If it was easy,I imagine they would do it..
They are building the trk for export.

Are people going to have to shorten their 57 footers due to lack of COE's.

I'd buy one with a 144" ARI if available .
Loved my old 362.

Last edited: