Can anyone give some advice about getting into Expediting ?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
We'll see what the Sprinter drivers, and former Sprinter driver's have to say.
Do you get any benefits, insurance,etc ?
If they take out taxes they're covering workers comp/ occ health ?
Paid Holidays or vacation ?

jallen943

Rookie Expediter
We'll see what the Sprinter drivers, and former Sprinter driver's have to say.
Do you get any benefits, insurance,etc ?
If they take out taxes they're covering workers comp/ occ health ?
Paid Holidays or vacation ?
Yes I have insurance , Health, dental, vision, 2 weeks vacation

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I currently have a Class A Cdl and have been driving for almost 4 years now. I'm not looking to get rich overnight , but I'm tired of working 60 hours a week at my current job and not making any money. Is there a GOOD company to lease onto with a Sprinter. I don't want to buy a tractor trailer cause I really don't have anywhere to park it and don't want to invest that much into a truck setup.

OK I'm sure you done your reading and its obvious you been in a truck for a day or two now..So you have a general idea of the industry. You know drivers drag up as fast as the seasons change correct? My way one of thinking is because one carrier or company may work for you and not for me and vs verse. The carrier that works for you today may not next year. I'm sure almost all the major carriers are good in one way or another you just have to find the one that works and fits your needs. just do your studying,,get out and ask around at the truck stops or walmarts where alot of us sit. Not all will talk openly with you but some will. Once you think you found your place jump in and get your truck.
There is money to made but you will have to make it yourself by applying yourself no matter where our go. One carrier with a few trucks can be just as good as the carrier with all the trucks.
Its a big investment and have fun with it and make it work..Or else all you will have left is one nice hunting vehicle :)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Slo-Ride, how many Sprinter jobs will compare to $650 per week, with 2 weeks paid vacation, W-2, health, dental, and vision insurance ?

jallen943

Rookie Expediter
OK I'm sure you done your reading and its obvious you been in a truck for a day or two now..So you have a general idea of the industry. You know drivers drag up as fast as the seasons change correct? My way one of thinking is because one carrier or company may work for you and not for me and vs verse. The carrier that works for you today may not next year. I'm sure almost all the major carriers are good in one way or another you just have to find the one that works and fits your needs. just do your studying,,get out and ask around at the truck stops or walmarts where alot of us sit. Not all will talk openly with you but some will. Once you think you found your place jump in and get your truck.
There is money to made but you will have to make it yourself by applying yourself no matter where our go. One carrier with a few trucks can be just as good as the carrier with all the trucks.
Its a big investment and have fun with it and make it work..Or else all you will have left is one nice hunting vehicle :)
I have been researching this for about 3 months now and sprinters keep popping into mind. I have talked with a few guys at truck stops and got mixed answers. Some say its great some say its not so here I am, still wondering what if ? I love to hunt but I don't want a $50k 2wd van to hunt out of when I can hunt out of my $100 tree stand. LOL

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Slo-Ride, how many Sprinter jobs will compare to $650 per week, with 2 weeks paid vacation, W-2, health, dental, and vision insurance ?

You know I don't know..I don't have one. As the owner I would certainly think he would make at least that dollar amount weekly or there isnt much sence doing it (or most weeks)..As far as benefits he properly couldn't buy them on what he brings home.
You guys where posting the same time I was,,You are right the sprinter guys are the best place for info.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I'm looking at getting into a sprinter van and doing expediting. Can anyone give me some advice as to what kind of sprinter to get , who to lease onto, who to stay away from etc... ?

Sprinter is great if you have an extra $10,000 for repairs

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
You know I don't know..I don't have one. As the owner I would certainly think he would make at least that dollar amount weekly or there isnt much sence doing it (or most weeks)..As far as benefits he properly couldn't buy them on what he brings home.
You guys where posting the same time I was,,You are right the sprinter guys are the best place for info.

As being someone in business.....this business in a three skidder, he would prolly be elgible for a fairly large insurance rate discount with bummer care.......on my dime.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I currently have a Class A Cdl and have been driving for almost 4 years now. I'm not looking to get rich overnight , but I'm tired of working 60 hours a week at my current job and not making any money. Is there a GOOD company to lease onto with a Sprinter. I don't want to buy a tractor trailer cause I really don't have anywhere to park it and don't want to invest that much into a truck setup.

A sprinter would be a step down for you with your current compensation. If you really want to do expediting and you can afford some time off,I would try to team with an owner of a T/T for awhile.
You would be earning some money and get to see what expediting is all about. You are over qualified for a Sprinter.