can a moderator tell me why my post was suddenly r

gambler

Expert Expediter
i had this post on a notify and saw there were many new posts per email and yet i come here and this was removed? i didnt see the post since approx 7pm when i got offline. i would like to see whatever post were made and would definitely like to know why all the sudden there is some censorship going on??? this i would assume is due to toms "direct connection" with eo staff members??? if this is so it's very sad to see this deleted. i asked some legitimate questions and felt as though i might actually get some answers. this is highly questionable to me and tends to make me think this website may not be as "open and honest" as many of us i believe thought it was???

censorship should never be allowed in an open forum.x(

this tends to put mr robertson in a really bad light as a result and makes a point that the administrators on here can be "bought" "so to speak" this is very sad gentleman.

please bring back the post. A S A P or at least feel free to send me the entire posting on it till it was pulled so that i may see the at least 9 responses (including i believe by mr roberston) that i hadnt yet read!!

If not i feel you have drastically diminished your "equality" here and have raised serious concerns about your INTEGRITY.

thank you GAMBLER

NoProblem

Expert Expediter
RE: can a moderator tell me why my post was sudden

I just got back on-line myself. The last post I recall seeing was Tom asking you to call him on the phone - have you called him yet?

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter

I hardly ever yank a subject. But on occasion it is necessary to pull, as it is not healthy to drag the group down. This was not one I pulled. I felt it had been discussed and resolved. As far as your concern of leaving someone in a bad light? That is an opion, not one I share and I'm sorry you feel that way. This sight will always maintain a positive informative format. When it stops answering, and starts slamming, I'm out of hear!

raceman

Veteran Expediter

I don't know how I feel about this just yet. It did get rough but........

raceman

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Gambler,

This post was removed by one of our moderators because he sensed that the discussion was getting out of control.

As the Forum Administrator - we allow each moderator to exercise their discretion when to Remove, Lock or Archive each post.

While we generally do not remove posts - topics are subject to review by myself and the Moderators. Most people would agree that our Forum have maintained a professional and business-like climate. That just does not happen - many discussion boards that are not regulated, simply "flame-out".

Also, we do reserve the right to remove inappropriate or offensive topics - we post this notice on every page of the Open Forum.

Thank you for participating in our forums, the removal was not directly related to what you said - but more so where the thread was moving too.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

gambler

Expert Expediter

lawrence,thank you for responding however i must say i dont believe the topic was either "offensive" nor "innapropriate" however it does appear that mr robertson has much swing with the moderators of this forum. i have seen plenty of "heated" discussions on this board and never saw them removed. i came on here asking some legitamate questions and they were shared with other members of this board. what followed was a "support group" for mr robertson by friends of his and himself however there were no factual items ever posted "THAT I SAW" i will never know now since apparently mr robertson felt he was being cast in a bad light and "pulled in the reigns" on the EO moderators. this deeply saddens me as it is definitely a matter of censorship rather than a matter of "offensiveness". this "SPIN DOCTORING" is scary to me.all of the BIG 3 as well as others who sponsor this forum are routinely attacked by name or by "inferance" and some of these topics get very nasty towards a certain carrier or dealership etc etc. and again i have yet to see any of them attempt to flex their muscle to get a post removed.I emailed mr robertson and spoke on my thoughts and advised i thought it would be in his own best interest to recant and ask to have the thread put back up.instead he has chosen to ignore my questions and comments. this leads me to believe that indeed his claims really are "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE" and that he is promising the moon without ever actually stating what he pays exactly or how/when his loads are available.im sorry that at this stage in the game i dont jump ship for every carrier who makes false promises. i wanted to give mr robertson a chance to explain some things for me and to show how the impossible numbers he claimed were "possible" instead it appeard he and his "cronies"??? did damage control and then pulled the post. lawrence i have the utmost repect for you and what you do however as i said the integrity has been questioned here and believe it or not im not the only one "watching" and "wondering" i would ask again that you either put the post back up and "lock" it so it can only be viewed or send me a copy of all the replies that were made until the point it was pulled. as i said there were many posts made afterword that i was not able to read including by mr robertson. this is the least you could do. who knows maybe that would be enough to clear the air?

raceman

Veteran Expediter

I am sorry but I do completely agree with the Gambler. I just wrote and email to another member and explained that I understood their personal position bt I do not like the Big Brother approach. Jump in and moderate and tell us to take it elsewhere but don't yank things. I gotta gamble here. That is what we as Americans have fought for and do fight for , one of the things I realize that. This is what I don't want my Goverment doing and I sure hate to see it happen here. Just Moderate a bad thread. There are always things to be learned by others from these heated threads.

raceman

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter

Gambler:
Your assumptions on this topic are as off base as your accusations toward my company. I neither asked or used any "influence" to have this post removed.
You have continued to throw bombs at me and my company while refusing the invitation to call me directly, using a lame excuse of not having the time to make a phone call. I think to all who may read this and all of your post regarding this matter, that any reasonable person would conclude that it takes much longer to write anything than it does to speak.

*********** Why haven't you called me? ******************

It appears to me that you would rather continue to create doubt about me and my company than to face the fact what I claim and what we provide are one and the same.

You chose to ignore the response of a former driver who confirmed the miles and incomes that I advertise. Other had planned to respond but as you know the post was pulled.

So I will lay it out for you as simply as it can be said.

1. We have our own authority and had the necessary positive history (10 years) to gain contracts with the major automotive manufacturers. Meaning...we have direct viewings and opportunities to bid on several hundred shipments a day... the same as all the major carriers.
2. We use our own trucks...meaning there is no middleman...(middleman - truck owner) result... driver pay is higher than what you can afford to pay your drivers after taking your necessary cut
thereby drivers earn the amounts advertised
3. We have the ability to set our own rates and to "spot bid" (bid lower than our own rates) meaning... we set our rates lower than the majors and as a result get a very good percentage of the shipments we bid on result...
a.more shipments avialable to our drivers
b. the ability to concentrate on the long hauls
thereby maintiang the averages I advertise

When we obtained our contracts we could have followed the leaders and set our company up the same way all the others operate. I have always thought outside the box and decided to go a different route.
We took the risk and made our sizeable investments in the equipment, and set up a structure that would be more beneficial to our drivers than the other option. It means we grow more slowly, and that we have an estimated ceiling of income. That ceiling has not yet been reached, but when we reach it by diminishing returns, we will gladly accept that as our limit, knowing that all of our drivers will be making an income that the other companies cannot provide. While we will not become a "multibillion dollar" corporation, we will have accomplished something of which we are very proud. A company that creates an environment where all involved are treated with respect and given the ability to provide the best for their families.

We can back up every claim we make. As I stated before... a company in this industry does not stay in business by slinging the bull.
If you had the experience in this industry that you have berated others for lacking, you should have been able to figure this out on your own. I have received about 30 e-mails from drivers who knew exactly how we are able to operate.

I know will take the opportunity to use the quote you have on your profile on this site, suggesting to you sir, that you take your own advice ...

"better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,then to open your mouth and prove it!"

Now that you have used your brutish ways to expose the way in which we do business, I would like a formal apology, to the staff members of E.O. and to me. Refusal to do so will only tag you as a "bomb thrower".

As a side note... I owe you a "thank you"
Your post have resulted in quite a few driver applications and offers from other owners,

sylvester

Expert Expediter

This is to Tom.
You had emailed the wife and I when we very first posted on this forum, about being new and asking for advice on who to go with and type of truck.
You invited us to look into what you had to offer, even though it would be operating your equipment.
As I stated on the earlier topic, we did our "private" investigating into your company and your claims. All turned out positive and we are now trying to figure out if we still want to purchase our own truck or sign on with you.
With all the hit's you are now getting, we just hope when the time comes, we still have that option.
Thank you though for the offer.
Sincerely,
Sylvester & Tweety Bird

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter

Sylvester:
We will do our best to accomodate you when you are ready.

Interesting that you were one of several people who responded to Gamblers post telling him that our claims had been verified. In his view, since you had no experience, that seemed to negate your findings.
It is always a very good idea to investigate anyone that you are considering entering into a business relationship. The more knowledge you have the better. This is not an easy business to enter. There is much to learned and many who will take advantage of the inexperienced. Take your time, do your research, and feel free to call me at anytime. I wish you the best regardless of you decision and hope that you are very successful in our industry.

I appreciate you post to the thread that was removed as well as this one.

Jack Jackson

Expert Expediter

Gambler, I am really offended by your treatment of Tom in your posts.

Please think about the golden rule here. In case you have forgotten, it's DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU .

I can only guess ( judging your personality by the tag line on the bottom of your post ) how you would have felt had Tom called into question your business sense, your word, and his employees judgement.

WAKE UP. I WOULD NOT LISTEN TO THIS ON A CB RADIO AND I DONT WANT TO READ IT ON THIS FORUM

gambler

Expert Expediter

Mr.Robertson, what i find amusing is that even now you have still sidestepped much of what i asked for information on.i would think being as reputable as you claim you would sing for all just how you pay and exactly how many miles runs one can expect with your company.i made no bones about questioning your numbers however also made it clear if you could back them i would put all my trucks with you. still you were unable to do this and even now nearly 36hrs later havent really been able to answer the questions i asked nor do i think you ever will.as for a "lame excuse" i specifically addressed why i would like to do this in "public" because if you could prove what you were claiming others were interested as well. you on the other hand apparently look for newbies and those weak of mind who will choose to "hear what you tell them" rather than ask for real answers.i have no need to call you because by the time i would have been free to.you had your friends pull the post after obvious attempts to "spin doctor" as to how long it takes me to type...not that long especially when i know what i want to ask. then can read your response. rather than have this conversation sidetrack 10x over. plus as i stated others wanted to know as well. as for you paying more because you "cut out the owner" arent you an "owner"???? and do you have an open book policy??? how does a driver know what the load paid exactly???because you told them so?? what is your rate of pay? what is it based on? these are several of the questions you have ducked multiple times over now.also i dont see you way of thinking as being "outside the box" that is a cute catch phrase if your looking to work for trump however. you keep stating you can back up every claim you make..BRAVO when would that be???? that is all i have asked repeatedly!! also whom did i "berate" about experience??? lets not "sling the bull" here sir. much like your "throwing bombs" comment again i say puh-lease to bad the thread was pulled or you would be able to site examples of any of your claims. also the only "proof" offered up by a former driver who worked for you for 4 or 5 mos and is no longer under your employment but may someday need that job back. that hardly qualifies as proof to me. especially when you announced MANY people could come on here and profess your wisdom and keen business skills. especially someone WELL CONNECTED in the EO family correct? as for my "quote" the only person being made a fool of here is you sir. i asked questions of a potential employer because what i heard/read seemed to good to be true. and you sir opened your mouth and proved yourself a fool. my "brutish ways" hmmm what were those again?? even now as you continue to insult me for asking you to prove your claims,i still haven't gotten "nasty". you can "tag" me whatever you want i owe NO ONE an apology. i asked legitimate questions and was CENSORED by someone in the EO staff and to all it will appear "at your request" i apologize to no one who CENSORS a simple q+a type post in a public forum.in fact what i do "do" is raise a big red flag. i congradulate you on your emails and should i then ask for a finders fee for you??apparently i am a better advertiser for your phenominal company than the classifieds. feel free to make my check out to "cash"(j/k)
i cant help but be amazed how you refuse to answer my very simple and straightforward questions,in one breath and then lavish praise upon those who want to "investigate" a potential employer. pretty hypocritical if you ask me. i guess we will never know what others had to say nor will anyone be able to go back and read my initial post as well as all responses .since someone was afraid the conversation "could" be headed a wrong way. i have to agree with raceman. this could have been "moderated" by a reminder to "keep it clean" if it was taking a wrong turn (which seems to be the case except it was by you and your supporters hmmm). or it could have been "locked" for all to read but make no further comments. instead it has been "hidden away" that is what i find most saddening about a site many believed was beyond reproach?? maybe i will have to start advertising on here so that i may speak,and "steer"as well?? best of luck to you mr robertson. may you have the continued success of your "outside the box" company. obviously having tried to "investigate" your company for myself and getting no real answers to my questions,i guess i will continue on my "journey" where i currently stand. thanks for the "knowledge" you have provided on your company. im sure MANY are aware of whom you are now.

GOD BLESS

gambler

Expert Expediter

"MR JACKSON" YOUR OFFENDED???? please tell me you are kidding?? i would tell you to go and read my post to mr robertson before you speak however it has been CENSORED. therefore you have no clue what my post was. truth be told most others who would come under the "attack" i have wouldnt be nearly as pleasant as i have been throughout this. i have tried to maintain my dignity while many around me are showing their true colors. please save your "offens" for the people whom have attacked me for asking a man to explain and back up with facts his claims about his business and business practices. as a POTENTIAL EMPLOYEE.(yes i own a fleet of my own trucks however was willing to swing them all to mr robertson if he could show me the proof to make it worth bailing on the ones that "got me there") do not think to judge a man until you have walked in his shoes sir. you have no idea of what my "tag line means or stands for" god bless

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Well, I guess I should offer a comment or two. I've been running so hard for Tom that I haven't had a chance to read all the posts. Since I'm getting a log reset right now in Laredo, I have a few minutes to respond.

You know, Gambler, I started with Tom in late March. I was able to earn all the money I wanted. Rather than wondering when I would get my next load, it was more like "Gee, when do I get time to rest?" But, one day I had a brain fart, decided I hated my truck (it was an older truck that was starting to need too much work done on it) and figured going to work driving a truck with a gigantic sleeper running for FedEx would be too cool!!!!

The grass is not greener elsewhere. I just about went broke. Not enough runs with FedEx cause there is too much competition. Also, my truck owner was sort of like a middleman to the owner of FedEx. So, I was at the bottom of the food chain. I gave it 90 days, then received a call from Tom Robertson asking what changes could be made to get me back with him. Since Tom had a new truck and I was already wondering what I was going to do to earn money, I jumped at the chance to return.

I don't care how much Tom makes for a load. I only care how much he will pay me per mile for my run. I want to know how many deadhead miles and at what rate he will pay me for them. That's all I need to know. Other than the cost of my escrow, I didn't have to spend a penny to work for him. He has provided all the capital equipment required. He gets me my work. I just have to pick up on time, pay for my fuel and tolls, and deliver on time. Then, wait for the next run. So, I don't care what he makes. His profit has no effect on my earnings. I get paid a mile rate based on a "B", "C" or "D" size load. What could be simpler? So, if Tom bids low for a job, I still get the rate based on load classification.

I'm driving a 2005 M2 Freightliner. 70 inch condo with double bunk, built in refrigerator, micro-wave and tv. 1500 watt inverter. Pro-Heat Generator. 3 waterproof cargo boxes. A full 24 foot box. The truck had 16000 miles when I got it.

Gambler, you just sound like an angry person who isn't doing as well as he would like and needs to convince himself that nobody could be successful. Too bad. There are successful companies, and I'm so fortunate to work for the best. I will never try a Panther or FedEx again. Even as an owner, I wouldn't do it. Because it is those companies that care more about their bottom line than a company like Tom's. Tom's first concern is his driver. Without his drivers, he has no company.

Regarding the removal of posts. I starteda post one time that turned into a very bad thread where an angry ex-employee decided it was the perfect place to cuss and post lies about somebody. I had started the post for information purposes, but was not responsible for it getting out of hand. I requested, since I was the author, that it be removed, and it was. In a situation like that, I think the moderators have an obligation to consider the author's request. This is meant to be a friendly and informative forum to help drivers and wannabee drivers. Let's keep it that way.

Thanks for your time.

sylvester

Expert Expediter

Gambler, this is not directed towards you.
This is a genaral thought on how to conduct business inquiries.
There are many ways to make contact with a potential employer.
Phone, email, direct one on one contact or by simple mail.
To call one out on a public internet forum does not seem to be a logical way. Too many topics can be taken the wrong way. It is also a one sided conversation rather than a discussion. The time lapse between post's can be days. Much of the original thought could be lost by then.
I just closed a small company to get back on the road with the wife. We had several employees. I can not imagine a potential new hire asking me to expose my trade secrets on how I compete with my competition or how I pay my employees, on an open internet forum.
As in Tom's case, I'm sure if his company is doing fine he is not going to advertise how he does it. I'm sure some of his competition is monitoring this forum.
I know of no company that would ever "open" there books to a total stranger or even one of there own employees.
Sylvester

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Wow, what have we here,what started out as a simple request from one member requesting information from another has turned into a piss--- match.Why don't we all step back,take a deep breath and start up all over again.Everyone invovled here is a good' decent, long time poster so lets forget the BS from the last 36 hours and show the world that we are all professionals.OK: :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

As indicated in earlier posts, I have met with one of Tom's drivers. He was doing very well and was performing at the numbers Tom quoted. This was prior to me even knowing who Tom Robertson was.
That being said, since that time I have had numerous conversations with Tom and he is a stand up guy.
While myself being no stranger to something confrontational, I think Gambler should have his facts and information straight prior to launching a personal assault. It is one thing to question a company in any regard but when it makes that turn and becomes personal, then the posts have lost their value.
A opportunity to phone him and explain their position was extended. Spending alot of time writing angry and uninformed posts and saying "you are too busy too respond to his phone call" shows a lack of conviction. Bottom line, before you trash the next company, either have some insight, like driving for them or at a bear minumum, a consensus of several drivers before trashing them.
Gambler, you would expect no less yourself. Keep it professional.
Davekc

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

[h2]Ok, everybody take a deep breath.

ATeam - we need St. Expedite......;) ;) [/h2]

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

jimbo van

Expert Expediter

HELLO ALL,I TOO WAS NOT SURE ABOUT THE MODERATOR PULLING THIS POST.AND HAD MANY QUESTIONS.EVAN TALKED TO THE BETTER HALF ABOUT THIS AND ASKED FOR A NEW VIEW PIONT.BUT REALLY - MAYBE WE ALL NEED TO TAKE A BREAK FOR A DAY OR TWO,AND LOOK AT THIS FRESH TOMORROW,LOOK AT HOW THIS MAY HAVE GOTTEN A LITTLE OUT OF HAND.MAYBE SOME PULLING OF SOME FORUMS IS NECASSARY.MAYBE SOME SELF CONTROLL BY ALL WOULD HELP ALSO.PLEASE CONSIDER THIS.I WISH I HAD ALL THIS TOO MUCH WORK.MONEY,COMPANY THING.MAYBE EVERY ONE IS JUST BLESSED!JIMBO