Camper?

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
You obviously team in that one, h/w? How well does that work out for you?

Works great! I drove with a stranger for a year, then bf came with me, and finally we got married ;)

All you H/W teams should start a thread with your adventures, maybe if she sees how many of you are doing it and succeeding at it, she'd be more willing.

Just look at the threads here, the ladies forum, etc...there's plenty of info for her to get some insight :)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
All you H/W teams should start a thread with your adventures, maybe if she sees how many of you are doing it and succeeding at it, she'd be more willing. Its still five years off though, minimum. So you all have time to collect your thoughts, and run a couple more loads!

You and your wife may enjoy reading my daily blog. I have been writing it since July, 2007. Many readers in your shoes seem to enjoy the window into life on the road that this blog provides.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
What is the CLC card? I'd love it if I got to stay in my hotel for 24 hours. Though I'm mostly local, when I do go out on the road on a % basis I prolly get a hotel room more than most here.

If my load is delivered at midnite I'll sleep in my van. If it's delivered in the afternoon, I wait until 5 or so & then grab a hotel. Waiting there for a load beats waiting in my van. It would be great to be able to stay there a full 24 hours rather than having to check out at 10AM.

Me neither,
and Thank U very mach for standing out for the hotels junkeey's .
many a times i take part of the restart in a nice hotel, the CLC card guarantee a full 24 hours stay ,(not that they like it), and the receipt looks great on the loogbook binder .
a fine restaurant food always appeal to me better then a long cookout .
and the chlorined pool beets any mesqidoe's breading grounds.
i camp once a year in Brainerd for the race, which makes it way more unique.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Danny: CLC is Corporate Lodging Corp, and the card is nice to have, but I don't know if you can get one as an individual - I got mine through a carrier I drove for, and didn't tell them when I changed carriers - they don't seem to care about it. I remember someone posting that he'd got a card by signing up as a company, just don't remember who - maybe they'll pop in & elaborate for you.
The 24 hr stay is good, though the desk clerks usually aren't aware of it, but the website is what I like: it lists nearby motels with all the details, making a comparison easy when you need truck parking, pet friendly, etc.