California driver need good company

Shawhawk

Seasoned Expediter
I am interested in becoming an Expediter driver for either a Van or Straight Truck, can anyone please tell me which good company that hires drivers from CA? Been getting alot of NO's when they find out im from CA. THX

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I am interested in becoming an Expediter driver for either a Van or Straight Truck, can anyone please tell me which good company that hires drivers from CA? Been getting alot of NO's when they find out im from CA. THX

It can be done but it is tough.

I met a husband wife team who drove a T/T based in CA. Once they were loaded out of CA,they would not return until they had covered 100,000 miles,which was at least a year. Most of the work is east of I35.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
I live in vegas ill say load options are slimmer I guess if you dont mind waiting for a load out you can make it work

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I live in vegas ill say load options are slimmer I guess if you dont mind waiting for a load out you can make it work
Waiting for a load in your own truck is one thing, but waiting it out while driving someone else's is quite another.

rymilburn

Active Expediter
We drove a str8 out of Vegas, often times we would stay very busy.... We preferred to just stay west during the winter. You need to be a team to make that happen though. We made great money.

Now for a Van ... Don't even think about it. Unless your okay making $100 a week profit.

Shawhawk

Seasoned Expediter
It can be done but it is tough.

I met a husband wife team who drove a T/T based in CA. Once they were loaded out of CA,they would not return until they had covered 100,000 miles,which was at least a year. Most of the work is east of I35.

So they cant return or their choosing not to return till they reach 100k?

Shawhawk

Seasoned Expediter
We drove a str8 out of Vegas, often times we would stay very busy.... We preferred to just stay west during the winter. You need to be a team to make that happen though. We made great money.

Now for a Van ... Don't even think about it. Unless your okay making $100 a week profit.

Just sent you a PM

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
not sure if this will work, but the company I drive for, Transportation logistics Systems, has a truck in Reno that needs a driver . They are signed on with FedEx Supply Chain. We drive regional, and this would include CA. in the Reno Distribution center.
I work out of Atlanta, and cover S.E. TLS is a great company. I've been with them for 3 1/2 yrs. Call Faye at 816.931.9479. By the way, you get weekends off!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My sister also drives for Faye on a Fedex Supply Chain deal.
A former owner who she really likes offered her a brand new 100" sleeper truck if she'd come back to FDCC.
When she never returned his call, the fleet owner called looking for an answer.
She said "I'm stilling trying to figure out why I'd want to run team again."

She's digging the M-F running solo/daylight hours.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
For some reason, they are finding it hard to fill this seat. The D.C is in Sparks, NV. I'm not too familiar with the area.
I used to drive team also with FDCC and also tried my hand at solo with Panther, E-1. The best solo gig I had was in a truck signed on to C&M in Painesville, OH. Great folks at C&M.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
For some reason, they are finding it hard to fill this seat. The D.C is in Sparks, NV. I'm not too familiar with the area.
I used to drive team also with FDCC and also tried my hand at solo with Panther, E-1. The best solo gig I had was in a truck signed on to C&M in Painesville, OH. Great folks at C&M.

I think the problem with Reno is if you go So you run 395 . If you run west, as most often is the case, you'll deal with Truckee.
I would suspect Reno does Vegas and Phoenix, and Ca, Wa,and Or.

Sometimes they get under qualified people. One new hire went to Frt Wrth and decided the truck was bigger than he can handle. A recent hire at Cal City backed into a Mi stop 4 times before he was close enough for the dock plate to fit.
These are STRAIGHT TRUCKS. I'm not sure how the SW is, but sis gets some pretty tough deliveries in Chicago and Detroit..And she humps some freight.
She's about 5 feet tall and 100 lbs. Get out of her way, here she comes.
She did two complete truckloads Friday.
She hustles.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back in 2005, I was offered the opportunity to run a dedicated route with FDCC that originated in Phoenix. I do not remember the exact details, but it was 5 truck account that required team operated reefer trucks hauling pharma ( this was before TVAL). 4 weeks on, 1 week off.
All loads originated in PHO and included deliveries up along the west coast to various cities (think Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Seattle, Reno and Sacramento). The pay was great and I thought about it long and hard, but I declined the offer due to the fact I lived in Florida at the time and would have to commute back and forth to the truck every four weeks. Plus I hated the idea I would be seeing the same places every week. I like not knowing where I am at when I wake up .
My point is, there are opportunities on the West Coast. You just have to dig for them.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The Reno deal is probably similar. More centrally located, and run by solos.
Sacramento would have been a much better domicile in my thinking.,

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Zorry, youre probably right. I have seen several Fedex DA trucks delivering/picking up in Reno. They were all reefers.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wouldn't that make it a DRA ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Not from what I have seen. Dedicated account straights with Fedex are marked DA#### versus Fedex CC's DR####. All the Fedex DA trucks that I have seen were reefers.

Shawhawk

Seasoned Expediter

Whats D.C? And how is Panther?