C19 Topics

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As the current COVID-19 wave recedes, and time passes from the day COVID-19 first appeared in the U.S., we're able to look back on the numbers, the virus's behavior, our responses, and our results with increasing clarity. Below is a link to a fascinating article that compares Florida's COVID-19 experiences and responses to New York's.

If COVID-19 does not flare up again in the U.S., it will be a year or more before more data, our behavior, and our thinking can be examined with the benefit of hindsight. This article is an early example. I'm looking forward to articles and books on this topic.

As I read them, I'll be asking myself, how did I come to believe what turned out to be right about COVID-19 and the government responses to it; and, where the people I disagreed with turned out to be right, how did I miss what they clearly saw? Where they were right, how did I come to be so blind?

All of us found ourselves confronted with a new development when COVID-19 emerged. And COVID-19 itself underwent a number of changes as we formed and re-formed our opinions; giving us, then and now, a moving target to evaluate. What may have been right at one point in the crisis could have been wrong in another, and vice versa.

Looking back, I'm less concerned about being right or wrong in the past. Like everyone else, I did the best I could with what I had to work with at the time. Looking back, I'm very interested in learning what I can about my thoughts and responses, so I can do better next time I'm confronted with a crisis of any kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Its amazing that the Republicans are totally against any Covid restrictions but yet they are going to sue the federal government so they can keep this particular restriction in effect.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

Its amazing that the Republicans are totally against any Covid restrictions but yet they are going to sue the federal government so they can keep this particular restriction in effect.
So your ok with Ms-13 and terrorist just crossing our very open border right now.....its harder to cross into Canada that our southern border.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So your ok with Ms-13 and terrorist just crossing our very open border right now.....its harder to cross into Canada that our southern border.
Title 42 was never going to stop the bad people from getting in, was only going to stop the poorest of the poor from having any chance of staying here.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Really? Title 42 was a Covid restriction, how is that any different from a mask or vaccine mandate????
Title 42 doesn't apply to US citizens, so it has no relation to mandates imposed or lifted in our country. It only serves to further open our porous southern border to unvetted human debris from all over the world. This is a decision being made by a senile POTUS who doesn't understand the consequences, and a group of Marxists who don't care. The border states are already overwhelmed by crime, drugs and social parasites, and this action will make a bad situation even worse.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
No but if the wall had been aloud to be completely built we would not be having over 2 million illegals cross.

Ever seen or operated one of these ?:

image-3102.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Perhaps that particular blade does ... or it could just be to suppress/control dust when cutting concrete and the like.

But not all cutting discs do.

;)
Doesn't matter on the blade when your cutting metal because your going to to get heard.....a cutting torch is much quieter.....

Reactions: muttly