C.A.R.B. regulations in CA.?

piattteam

Active Expediter
Is our 2005 International 7500, HT570 engine, legal to run CA.?
Thanks all.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
For now you can run anywhere in CA but they are phasing out model years.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
You will need to register it with CA. By 1/31/13 to qualify for the exemption to continue to operate it without the DPF till the end of 2014 as far as I have understood the regulations

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question about running my CV into California. How tough of an inspection do they do before allowing you to enter? My van currently has a crack in the windshield (I'll get it replaced when it gets worse) and my "check engine" light is on. The light is a evaporative emissions code and does not affect drivability or milage. Would I be allowed to make a delivery in CA?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Carriers all over the country SHOULD start charging California shipments a "C.A.R.B. surcharge". Say 20% of the cost of running the load. Californians should be paying for this, not us. Any bets? LOL!!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Heard a report on landline that some carriers that do ca. Dedicated have already raised the rate and are charging a surcharge to their customers. The report said as of Fri. Last week that the customers were paying the price

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Heard a report on landline that some carriers that do ca. Dedicated have already raised the rate and are charging a surcharge to their customers. The report said as of Fri. Last week that the customers were paying the price

"California Surcharge"

It has a lovely ring to it, don't you think? Well deserved too.