c 10 cat

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
I saw an ad with this motor (335 HP) in a stretched Century with the eaton fuller 10 spd auto shift approx. 244,ooo miles. How does this motor hold up. My concern being it isn't one of the 12 liter motors so I'm thinking it might be more business class. Also would the Eaton fuller still be a heavy duty drive train or do they make a lighter duty autoshift 10 spd. Thanks in advance...This really is the greatest sight!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
335 cat is a good engine as far as I know. I have had several in tractors and they did fine. Not recommended however for heavy hauling. Not enough HP. In an expediter it would work well.
Davekc

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Forgot to add
The eaton fuller is a HD transmission. I don't believe they make a 10 speed light duty
Davekc

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
A couple of other questions...would I be sacrificing anything in fuel mileage?...do you know what cat warrants these motors out to? Thanks again

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Check with seller on warranty, they offered 500,000 mile coverage at a cost. This would make a great expeditor! Comfort, power, what more could you ask for? Good luck. The 10 speed auto-shift is a really nice package. It is a real truck tranny, unlike that mickey mouse 6 speed in the FL_ series.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Glen is correct, I have seen most used ones with a 200,000 mile warranty through a dealer.
New ones can have a 500,000 mile warranty but not sure on the new acert engines what that cost would be.
Any dealer could tell you, I would think the cost would be about the same.
Davekc

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
He asked about gas mileage, would'nt this large of a truck avg around 6-7 mpg? Medium Duty 10 to 11? Thats alot of change @2.25+