buying a sprinter & having my own authority.

jmstransport

Active Expediter
Hello everyone. I love your site. I have my authority and I was hauling cars with a dually and a three car. My truck was totaled and I am considering buying a sprinter to haul LTL and expedited freight. Can a person make a living with a sprinter? are there load boards or brokers that broker this type of freight? Thanks in advanced. :rolleyes:

JMS Transport
DOT 1423781
MC 799132

Last edited:

BigCat

Expert Expediter
You could possibly become partner carriers with some of the bigger companies as long as you have adequate insurance and a good safety record. There are tons of sprinters on the road so they must do well.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
I have always heard that three car hauling with a dually was pretty profitable . Just out of curiosity , why the change to expediting ??

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You could possibly become partner carriers with some of the bigger companies as long as you have adequate insurance and a good safety record. There are tons of sprinters on the road so they must do well.

His MC# starts out with 799 so there probably is little to no record to go on other than an accident that apparently totaled his truck. I believe that most decent companies and brokers want a solid history before they partner with you. It is one of those tough situations where they want experience but few will give you the chance to get any experience.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
Just out of curiosity , how would someone know or be able to find out ?? Also , with his MC # being 799132 , I would have to assume that there is a whole lot more than only 800,000 MC numbers out there . I meen , with all of the companies that go out of business , casually truck . or have there MC numbers suspended , I would think that there would be millions of MC numbers out there . Am I wrong ??

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Just out of curiosity , how would someone know or be able to find out ?? Also , with his MC # being 799132 , I would have to assume that there is a whole lot more than only 800,000 MC numbers out there . I meen , with all of the companies that go out of business , casually truck . or have there MC numbers suspended , I would think that there would be millions of MC numbers out there . Am I wrong ??

You can look at FMCS safer stat website and it shows form date, number of trucks/drivers and miles driven per year. His dot numbers show he has been in business since 2012.