Burger time

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's a series called Burger Land. Some of the locations look interesting with quite good looking burgers. They aren't all truck friendly and maybe not even van friendly but here they are anyway. I'll add as I see more.

Chicago
The Billy Goat Tavern.. home of the cheeseborger, the inspiration for the SNL skit.. underneath Michigan Ave.
Kuma's Corner.. northwest from Chicago
Top Notch Burgers with 70 years in business
The Weiner and Still Champion in Evanston.. named by a contest at a middle school.. 38 years in business

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NYC

J. G. Melon since 1972, secret ingredient short ribs
Minetta Tavern from the 1930's featuring the black label burger
Donovan's Pub, 82 years, current owner started as busboy and worked up to owner
Korzo deep fried hamburger in langos dough

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Houston

Christian's jalapeño bacon cheeseburger 1/2 pound cooked and the fried bacon burger
Tookie's home of the squealer burger
Blake's
Stanton's City Bites

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Charlotte

Duke's Grill, 30 mi south in Monroe, no cell phones
South 21, since 1955, still a drive in and carhop Willie James has worked there the whole time
Diamond Restaurant
Brooks, twin brothers owners, 40th anniversary, every 40th customer gets a burger for 40 cents

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tennessee

Nashville

Rotier's Nashville near west downtown, 70 years, 3rd gen working there, home of the "grilled cheese" burger
Fat Mo's, 15 around Nashville, marinated in 18 spices

Memphis

Dyer's Burgers, since 1912, now on Beale Street, home of the deep fried burger
Alex's Tavern, 2nd generation owner

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Northern Mississippi

Amory, Bill's Hamburgers, since 1929, 'with' or 'without', 'with' is mustard and grilled onions and 'without' is without. No lettuce, tomato or mayo or anything else that needs refrigeration.

Oxford, Lamar's Lounge, 1/2 pound char burger, live music at times.

Holly Springs, Phillips Grocery, over 80 years making the same burger recipe cooked on the same grill.

New Albany, Latham's Hamburger Inn, started in a trolley car across the street from current location.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Connecticut

New Haven, Louis Lunch, the original hamburger in the U.S., since 1900, still cooked on the same grills, on toast not buns, no ketchup allowed.

Manchester, Shady Glen in business 65 years, the burger with the cheese crown.

Meriden, Ted's, home of the steamed cheeseburger, since 1959.

Colchester, Harry's, open Mar.-Oct only, walk up stand, open since 1919.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Northern Mississippi

Holly Springs, Phillips Grocery, over 80 years making the same burger recipe cooked on the same grill.

WOW, talk about a blast from the past! Many years ago I ran a Flowers bread route in Holly Springs and this was one of my customers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
New Orleans area

Metarie, Bozo's, since 1928, home of the po boy burger

French Quarter, Port of Call, at the "other end" of Bourbon Street, mushroom cheddar burger with a baked potato.

NOL, Ted's Frostop, home of the Lot-O-Burger, same root beer recipe since 1926.

NOL, Camelia Grill, burgers and omelets for almost 70 years

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
New Orleans area

Metarie, Bozo's, since 1928, home of the po boy burger

French Quarter, Port of Call, at the "other end" of Bourbon Street, mushroom cheddar burger with a baked potato.

NOL, Ted's Frostop, home of the Lot-O-Burger, same root beer recipe since 1926.

NOL, Camelia Grill, burgers and omelets for almost 70 years

Dang Wimpy, good list but you forgot the Come Back Inn! Great burgers but if you get tired of that fare they have the best muffalettas in La too.

Come Back Inn8016 W Metairie Ave Metairie, LA 70003

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In n Out isn't on the list because they're just a chain hamburger stand, albeit much better than mcd's and others. These are all places that are individual. I'm sure there are quite a few places left out, like Lankford's Market in Houston. I just share the ones they show.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Miami

El Rey de las Fritas, the original for half a century, now with 3rd generation in house, the Cuban burger.

El Mago, another Cuban burger with a different sauce recipe, in it's 28th year.

Latin Burger, a state of the art food truck making the "Latin Macho" double burger and the Taco Macho.

Pincho Factory in Westchester, home of the "Toston" burger, a Venezuelan burger using fried plantains for the "buns".

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
New Mexico

San Antonio, The Owl Bar and Cafe, since 1939, the green chile cheeseburger.

Santa Fe, The Pantry Restaurant, since 1948, known for the tortilla burger.

Santa Fe, The Bobcat Bite, green chile cheeseburgers and live bobcat sightings. (May have closed or relocated)

Abiquiu, Bode's General Store, 16 years, green chili cheeseburgers and country store atmosphere.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You think so now but watch the show and see the burgers and watch out. :)

Sent using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What about TX Burger? I saw a billboard proclaiming: Texas Burgers' hamburgers are made using Nolan Ryan's all natural beef.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Minneapolis- Matt's Bar. Home of the original Juicy Lucy. Great with a basket of fries and an ice cold Grain Belt. Home