Brighton Transport

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Anyone know anything about these guys? I can't even find a website under the name they use here. Most of the hits are UK companies.

Thanks!
Christopher

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Well, I think this about my third, maybe fourth company I've asked about. But there's still a lot of interweb to go. I'm sure eventually I can ask about all of them.

And, I only ask about companies I don't know anything about. I know what the wrong choice in a company can lead to: broke. Drove for a big refer carrier (non-expedite) back in the late 90's and had to quit because I was unable to cover my expenses (company driver, forced dispatch, I was only able to go where and when they told me) $.21 per mile wasn't cutting it unless I got really creative with the logs (ummm, no). Also drove for an expediter that prominently lists ads here that was more approving of looking compliant, than being compliant. That was a short relationship. Panther can be a pain with it's compliance department, but better that than "Make it look legal".

So, rather than just completely blindly jumping into a company (again) and attempting to "Live with it" even if I'm losing money, I'd prefer to know if a place pays on time, do they screw with their drivers, do they call at 7am every morning regardless of whether or not the driver is sleeping, you know little things like that.

Now of course, it's harder to vet owners, but still, same idea applies.

Thanks!
Christopher

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
pretty much get the same info here without having to make the call and without the recruiter giving you the golden child to talk to.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
When anyone inquires about a Company on here they get. Among other things. Sour grapes from some one saying a fleet owner beat them out of their life savings, Sarcasm, and rudeness. Anne M at Bolt is a Recruiter who will be honest about what a driver O\O or sub to an owner can expect at Bolt.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Most the companies you have asked about only contract on people that own a truck or van. You need to get into the classifieds on here and find a O/O looking to hire a driver. This is not like big trucking where every company has trucks to drive many of the expedited companies do not even own 1 van or truck.

T&K I know has trucks they own and hire drivers for and I do not know of any other companies with their own trucks in the expediting field.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I believe I've told you this before, Check out Premium Transportation Logistics ( Premium Transportation Logistics, LLC. ), and quit asking about all of these other companies. Make your choice and live with it, and quit asking about every company you can find on the internet.

Kinda bossy don't ya think? Last I checked this site has moderators that are more than capable of "moderating". I'm sure if they need your help, they'll ASK for it.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
But I want to get the sour grapes reports too. They may be exaggerated and whiny, but if you get a few that have some overlapping details, you can start to figure it's not all crap. It can even self filter, if you're lucky...lol

Yeah, I know, I've leased to an owner leased to a company a couple times before. But the owner can't pay you if the company doesn't get their end taken care of, and he has no control over stupid dispatch policies, or anything other than how he deals with you and the equipment. I liked Panther. But I had an owner there that I thought sucked. And I had one I liked driving for.

So, I asks about the companies. Because a good owner can't make up for a crap company.

Thanks!
Christopher