BR unit?

wano08

Seasoned Expediter
we are new to expediting and we have an offer to drive a BR unit for fed ex cc but we havnt heard of that till now and want to know what that is? :confused: :eek:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The few BR units I have seen have been Sprinters. I talked with a woman a few years ago with one. The freight was high paying with lots of deadhead and the loads were few and far between.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not from fed ex but I believe that is a refrigerated sprinter. Talking to a couple of them I got the same impression as moot.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One thing to remember. Hard to find room to sleep. Need lots of hotel money. Haven't heard of anyone sleeping o\in the reefer space. These units do very well on the east coast. Other areas, maybe.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
What already has been said is generally true. Especially the small living area, very difficult for a team. It does cost extra for hotel rooms. If I were you, I'd asked the potential O/O what happened to the last drivers, how long did they last in a BR, and can you talk to them? That should give you your answers if the O/O is honest.

J.M.O. based on experience.