Box truck

jimare

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Guy's, which do you think is better a or cargo van 10,001 lb. or box truck 26,001lb. for making the best money.
Thanks in advance
jimare

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Hi Guy's I was wondering what type of license is required in Pa. to drive a Box Truck under 26001 lb. for hire. Also which do you thak is better a box truck or ext. van under 10001 lb. for making the best money.
Thanks in advance
jimare

I cannot tell you what kind of license is required in Pa to drive a 26,000 gvw straight truck.But in Ohio, even if a 26,000 gvw has air-ride and air-brakes, a cdl is not required.

As far as what type of vehicle generates the most money, there are alot of mixed feelings on this from several.I have had both, and am in a van currently.I am finding it alot easier to make money in van, when loaded, then in a s/t.The costs per mile are alot less, and the pay per mile is not that much different between the two.There seems to be alot less headaces and stress driving a van, no DOT worries to speak of,loading and unloading is so much faster than in a s/t.However, I am finding it more difficult to stay loaded in a van,being as to where a van can only hold and haul so much freight, in terms of weight and dimensions.A van is so much cheaper to operate and maintain,but a huge draw back is the lack of space when waiting for a load.I, myself love the van, and wish I would of done it earlier.I've been doing this since 1989 in a straight truck, and always avoided a van like the plaque. My mistake.Last week was the first successful week I have had in the van,It was extremely profitable, loaded every day, with a total of 4,200 miles for the week.But use your own discretion on what to do, and read the past posts,and I think it would be best to buy a good used vehicle, whatever that may be.I bought my van from Ryder, and love it. (A Ford).It came with a 30-day nationwide warranty on it, as all of their vehicles do.Please keep in mind some companies have stipulations on how old a vehicle can be to be leased onto them.I can go on and on about this, but it is your decision.Take your time, and investigate all possibilities.Good luck.