Bow season OCTOBER 1st

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
N.Y.S. Early Bow season Southern zone. OCTOBER 1st. Im counting the days, and taking advantage of the home time to practice. I'm shooting a Mathews Mission Endeavor, 65 lbs at 30" draw, 342 f.p.s. on the chronograph.

So who else is planing on stocking a freezer?
What is on the menu?
What is in your arsenal?

Deer, Bear, Turkey, Yum!
Its going to be my first year as an adult last time was over 30 years ago when I was in my teens, Either way, I plan to fill the freezer.

As a reminder always be sure to support P.E.T.A.

People.
Eating.
Tasty.
Animals.

FYI, New York state also allows for non NYS residents to hunt with a few conditions.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/deer14.jpg

http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/bear14.jpg

http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/turkey14.jpg

Good luck to all fellow hunters, Have a safe and bountiful harvest.

Bob Wolf.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck Bob!

I will be working on freezer stocks as well. Primarily duck. I use a 12GA Benelli Super Black Eagle. I MAY switch this year to a Beretta A400, IF, I can sell a couple of other shotguns to finance the venture.

I hunt deer, but not with a bow. They put bow season at the same time as duck, that sucks.

I use either a 30-06 if I am up north, or I have a 12GA special purpose, single shot, slug gun for the southern 1/3 of Mich. Most years I take at least 1 deer, and lately, never more than two. IF I get off the road someday I may start taking more than that again, I prefer venison to beef and it's far better for you. More flavor, better for your health, a win win in my book.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I can't remember the last year I dedicated time to just deer hunting. I go if the waterfowl hunting is slow and have taken my share of deer. With driving and not being home as much. I have had a deer or 2 that have have not gotten totally consumed before the next season kicks in and I don't feel good about that. Seems Wife just does not to want to cook it just for herself. Now this doesn't mean I won't go but it makes me think before I shoot..
As far what I am running in the field its all Mossberg pump shotguns, mostly due to the cost and the fact I'm either in the mud or on the water so much. I would rather lose a Mossberg overboard then my Browning. I find my Mossbergs very reliable for my needs without the big price tag.
I have a brand new bow that I bought a few years ago and never put a dozen arrows thru it..Its been sitting in the case down in the basement since the 3rd day I bought it. Its been so long since I seen it I forget what brand/model it is..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've shot Mosburgs in the past and found them to be a decent shot gun.

A quick question for the moderators...
Can I post pics of my catches as long as they're respectful?

Bob Wolf.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Can I post pics of my catches as long as they're respectful?
Bob Wolf.

We have posted pictures in the past and I don't think anyone barked about it..
I came so close to buying the go- pro camera the other day at Cabelas but with a six pack of decoys in the cart that set me back $200 and watching the wife's eyes roll around I figured it best to stick to one or the other..Plus I didn't see the gun barrel mount in stock. I chose the latest and greatest in decoys as others are old and beat up.
1409752249103.jpg
1409752153105.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app