Veteran Expediter
US Navy
15085499_1614788408547394_4454577047558067267_n.jpg

Reactions: jelliott

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Isn't that sad but true. Jesus when did we become a country of coddled.. (insert bad word here). SMH.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Being offended, deeply, has supplanted baseball as the national pastime. And Americans are unlike any other in their speed, endurance and sheer athleticism at which we can be offended. We can juggle six or seven outrages all at once, and then drop them and pick up new ones in the blink of an eye. Every week there are dozens of new national outrages and boycott campaigns and social media crusades to raise awareness about some offensive thing, or to get someone fired for saying some offensive thing, or to teach people that some previously non-offensive thing has now become offensive. Our creativity and meticulousness are also quite notable here. We can look at any situation and extract hundreds of offensive factors that an untrained eye probably would have overlooked.

It isn't just whiny little liberals who have succumbed to this, either. A cashier in East Toejam wishes somebody happy holidays - and it's the End of Civilization As We Know It.

Do you remember that thing which everyone was so super worked up and outraged a few weeks ago? Yeah, me neither. Maybe it was when Starbucks changed their cups or when someone dressed up for Halloween as a Zika virus toting mosquito.

Reactions: jelliott

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No fair.... everybody else gets to be offended about something! I'm never offended! I want to be offended!

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan