Boo! October@Load One

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If this year wasn't scary enough, bring on October

To kick the scary month off, arriving today after 5 months of waiting and giving up...

Direct from China, just in time for the season. My face mask

IMG_6297.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So President Trump and the 1st Lady test positive for the virus

The crazy year that won't stop.

I got one thing out of the way today, and 1st time ever for a presidential election...

IMG_6299.jpg

Reactions: jjoerger and Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Always nice to start the week with a dry run 2 weeks ago? I started my week with a dry run and it turned into a good week, will see what happens...it's to foggy this morning anyways

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was attacked by a vicious animal

IMG_6306.JPG

Just when you think your safe...
Parked at the shipper for my morning pickup in a rather dark secluded area.

Suddenly this vicious animal jumps onto the hood of my Sprinter staring me through the windshield, hungry for a late night snack....

Ok, it did seem like that, and did scary me pretty bad, but the danger was a little less then I first thought...

Can_You_See_Me_Now_-_Bengal_Cat_Car_Door_Fridge_Laptop_Sticker_V1_Cong_1_1200x.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6306.JPG
    IMG_6306.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
2020 has been one heck of an interesting year. Between school and so many events and activities kids have been impacted more than we often realize. Organizations have had to adapt events to try and let kids enjoy while helping to maintain safety. Load One is proud to have partnered with the City of Taylor as the lead sponsor of this great event to try and give the kids of SE Michigan a fun, safe, and positive Halloween experience for 2020! #expedite #load1 #loadone #Loadone #logistics #supplychain #straighttruck

IMG_1592.jpg

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody interested in a free ride in a helicopter flight for 6
people?! I'm still looking for 4
more people to join us. We leave early Saturday (October 24th) morning from South Bend, IN
and will fly to St. Augustine, Fl where we will have breakfast and then on a yacht for lunch.
Then we’ll do a flight along the coast to see The Jacksonville, FL port and returning to St Augustine for dinner, then fly back home.
If interested please pm me..
Preferably someone with a helicopter and yacht, otherwise we can't go..

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I'm glad Load One is sponsoring a Halloween event for kids. Kids have had it really rough this year. Schools closed. Distance learning. No summer vacations. No theme parks, water parks or even playgrounds. I've made a lot or promises for when the Coronavirus is over. It's surprising how understanding kids are about this. They aren't really scared but hopeful that it will be over soon. Florida Schools are open and things are pretty much normal there except for social distancing. Kids are tough and able to adapt. Hopefully things will soon return to normal for them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It's that time again!!! Need approx 100 members of our fleet to fill out the survey for the BEST FLEETS TO DRIVE FOR competition for 2021! Thank you to everyone who helped to make us a top 20 fleet again last year!!! You can message me for the link!

#nominated-square-white background.png

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Catching up...
Last Saturday I visited my local ER. I was expecting to see the ER filled to capacity with Covid people. It's a large ER for my town, 65 beds including intensive care and observation. Including me there was 5 patients Of which, since curtains are not very sound proof, I'd say none of us where there due to the virus.

Today I wait to see if I'm going to get unloaded in Syracuse New York. At least I got to check out this tank while I wait. It looks really old, I wish there would of been some information on it.

IMG_6343.JPG

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yep M103 is correct.

The noise inside of one is deafening.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought Michigan roundabouts were bad. Here in Syracuse New York, I had to go through two of the largest ones I've ever seen About 1 mile apart, this was definitely a 1st for me
IMG_6344.jpgIMG_6345.jpg

Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After 4 days since pickup...
I'm empty in Syracuse New York

I saw another smaller older looking tank this morning. I was going to snap a pick, but it was raining ️ and I lost interest after what I saw in the delivery building.

I didn't ask questions, but it did stop me in my tracks as I saw a coffin with a flag folded on top of it.

That was enough to put me in a somber mood.

IMG_6359.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I keep forgetting to update on my back pain issue from driving. The back support brace idea my sister suggested has helped a lot.

Actually, I've been pretty much pain free since I started using it it's says to only wear it for 6 hours a day, 3 hrs at a time max. So I use it as much as I can while driving. It has helped me to figure out what position I need to always be in to avoid back pain. Now I can really enjoy my Captains chair

IMG_6362.JPG

Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That had to be a difficult and moving thing to see. So sad. All gave some. Some gave all.

Reactions: RoadTime