Bolt freightlines

jmore1276

Seasoned Expediter
Where are the hotter spots for this carrier? For instance...if I'm in OH, am I better of near Columbus with 2 ahead of me, or Cleveland with 5 ahead of me? Are the in between places an advantage if they are more than 50 miles from each major city...less than? I will be near Debuque IOWA till Mon. Do I head toward St. Paul? Saint Louis? Or just wait for an Empty move back toward OH? If I'm in Roanoke VA...Do I head toward Knoxville, Charlotte, Raliegh? I must say the Columbus area seams deadish to me. I think Cleveland is better. Hope that helps. Try to help back and all of us save fuel and time. Thanx

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
for today i would head to janesville and the j.

i did a transportation survey one time at a company. i tracked all the moves over a year to determine frt lanes for a bid process. the one thing i did not do, and wish i had now, is look for the day of the week the frt moved.

i don't know if expedite companies spend time on that stuff. certainly in this economy the frequency changes. dispatch knws how many moves they get in the old economy per day from an area but if those 5 moves were for automotive related prod that numer may come waaaaaaay down. then it is a question of whether it was a compny customer or a load board bid.

i have not had a problem getting frt out of wisc. i may have had to drive 2.5 hours to get there for a 900 mile run but i got frt out.

jmore1276

Seasoned Expediter
oops, wrong thread, i should have had my union rep hold my hand....:D

WOW. For a guy who grew up in a union family...you really hate them. I guess your family should have worked at Walmart so you could have grown up poor an uneducated...well poor anyway haha. Maybe you'd have a better appreciation for those who have little money and no voice. Unions will come back now that the economy is bad and people realize these Billionaire companies don't care how hard they work or how smart they (think) they are and will keep paying the lowest (scab) bidder. Hope you get over it. I'm happy being self employed. My trucks are both paid for. But I am luckier than many who can't even afford a decent car to keep a **** job. But then I wish everyone had health care seeing as the gov can afford to go into another 5 trill deBT FOR AN ILLIGAL WAR AND FOR THE RICH TO BE HOGS.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL , Id expect nothing more from a union loving liberal.. lol
typical of the "entitlement mentality".......:D