Bold predictions

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
1Romney carries Kentucky by 20 points in November

2)Romney carries Michigan

3)Romney carries Massachusetts

This Romney guy might just be much more formidable than previously thought. Should Obama start packing?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

This Romney guy might just be much more formidable than previously thought. Should Obama start packing?

Who made these 'predictions'? Obama? Trying to "fire up" his base?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

No way Romney can carry Michigan.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Who made these 'predictions'? Obama? Trying to "fire up" his base?
Give Obama New York, California, Illinois, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington State, Wisconsin, Maryland, Vermont, Connecticut and Maine. Romney could be very competitive in most other states. Not because Romney is so wonderful, but because Obama is so awful.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Give Obama New York, California, Illinois, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington State, Wisconsin, Maryland, Vermont, Connecticut and Maine. Romney could be very competitive in most other states. Not because Romney is so wonderful, but because Obama is so awful.

Romney has little chance of winning Michigan. The UAW is already digging up as many dead voters as they can find. They are also busing in illegals from El Paso.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am not close to Michigan politics. Tell me, would Michigan voters not see Romney as a favorite son candidate? Are the labor unions so strong in Michigan that Romney cannot win there?

The UAW is absolutly livid with Romney over the "Let Detroit go bankrupt" episode.
I expect them to pull no punches come campaign time.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The UAW is absolutly livid with Romney over the "Let Detroit go bankrupt" episode.
I expect them to pull no punches come campaign time.

The UAW is an arm of the Democrats. Left wing as you can get. That group is INFESTED with "gimmie goobers".

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did GW Bush carry Michigan in 2000 or 2004?

I don't remember, BUT, that makes no difference. This is a greatly different game. The UAW HATES Romney. So do ALL of the 'gimmie goobers' that occupy the waste land known as Detroit. Romney could win almost every county in the State and will lose it. He cannot win any of the large cites. He has now real chance in Michigan.

Don't forget that election day is a PAID HOLIDAY for the UAW. They are already setting up the voting schedule to insure that everyone gets to vote AT LEAST 3 times! Voting for Obama is the most work a UAW member is likely to do this year!

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
OKay, I looked it up. Democrats carried the Michigan presidential vote in both 2000 and 2004. Looks like Romney would face a near impossible task there. Dang UAW. We need some union-busters to come along.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OKay, I looked it up. Democrats carried the Michigan presidential vote in both 2000 and 2004. Looks like Romney would face a near impossible task there. Dang UAW. We need some union-busters to come along.

Not only the UAW. You have the Steel Workers, Teamsters and a zillion other 'minor' unions. Not to forget the power of the NAACP, and the 'legions' of 'welfare rangers and Medicaid Mamma's' are ALL going to vote for Obama. They LOVE their freebies. They are entitled to hard working people's wages.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unions, hah. A bunch of dumber than dirt liberal morons and/or dumber than dirt morons, all a bunch of sheep being controlled and manipulated by a few crooked thieves at the top getting rich from the sheeple they control.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

If he needs help packing then I'll volunteer just to make sure his sorry Azz gets gone!:cool:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

Not only for Michigan, They have to also concentrate on a few other states to bust these criminal unions

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Not only for Michigan, They have to also concentrate on a few other states to bust these criminal unions

In August 1981, President Ronald Reagan warned striking air traffic controllers(PATCO union) they would be fired if they did not return to work. As always, the Gipper kept his word. Reagan fired 11,000 union workers without hesitation. There were no more government unions willing to strike while Reagan was in charge.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In August 1981, President Ronald Reagan warned striking air traffic controllers(PATCO union) they would be fired if they did not return to work. As always, the Gipper kept his word. Reagan fired 11,000 union workers without hesitation. There were no more government unions willing to strike while Reagan was in charge.

Reagan was given NO choice in the matter. The controllers had signed the same "no strike clause" contract that I had when I was at the "Agency". They asked for the problem, Reagan did his job. One of his 'better moves'.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Later, many were quietly rehired.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Later, many were quietly rehired.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Not all went out on strike either. All were fired. Many that did NOT strike were rehired. There also was a need and few capable of filling that need quickly. It is a long lead time from hired to working at a large airport. YEARS are involved. It is NOT an easy job. High burn out rate. Lots of stress, too little pay, no respect. Bad combination.