Bob Tail Insurance on Cargo Van

Jeff35

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone know of a good place with good rates for bobtail insurance for a Sprinter Van. I think I am paying to much.:mad:

Thanks

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Check out the Home Page here on EO.

I use Transport Insurance Agency.

They have competitive rates and they allow me to pay by credit card.

The payment method buys me a little additional coverage and I get the "Cash Back" benefit from my credit card.

Hint: I never pay interest or usage charges on my credit card. I use it as much as possible; even for a cup of coffee. In just 11 months, the cash value of my rewards program allowed me to get two $100 gifts cards and a Garmin 350 valued at about $299. $500 worth of freebies!

Use credit...just use it wisely.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
I have Drive insurance by Progressive that covers my van 100% of the time with no need for bobtail coverage.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Transport Insurance here as well ($105 month for bobtail on a 2006 Sprinter) - and I do the same as the Rev. - pay with a Chase MC card that offers 3% cash back, I also use it for all my fuel purchases.

I've gotten two $100 cash back checks since last fall when I got it, and I should have $200 in current rewards when my statement cycles next in a few days (if you wait until you have $200 before you redeem they actually pay you $250 ..... bonus Garth !!!! .... Sweet !)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
If i figre a van is valued at 30000,at fed ex that would be about 129/month,20000 would be 95/month.Thats use the figures from my tractor rate,not sure if would be the same with a sprinter

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I went with Allstate for my Spinter, but mainly because we have our house and car with them also. All my coverage comes out to about $125 a month and that's with a million liability. I think the agent gave me a good discount because of the other business he gets from us.

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Transport Insurance. 170 per month on a brand new 08 Sprinter. I will lower it as the value goes down.