Bmi

zorry

Veteran Expediter
There is a lot of talk in another thread about BMI .

I'm curious, of the regulars on here, if you'd fall below the magic number of 35 if you went in today ?

I would be 3.8 lbs too heavy today.
I'll be at least 10 lbs under it by my next physical.

All my wife would tell me is that " BMI wasn't an issue " when she took her physical.

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Not a problem now BMI at 25, 11 months ago too close for comfort :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your lose. :)

Was wondering if few read way over here or if few wanted to comment..
( I don't see "views" on my mobile app..)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I really have no clue.
All I know is my doctor is not concerned with my overall health.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What makes you say that ?
He's not proactive ?
I go for a complete physical once a year. all my blood work and other stuff ( again, I have no clue ) is normal. He sees no problems.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Congratulations on your lose. :)

Was wondering if few read way over here or if few wanted to comment..
( I don't see "views" on my mobile app..)

As of this post 73 views.
My BMI is not an issue

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is a lot of talk in another thread about BMI .

I'm curious, of the regulars on here, if you'd fall below the magic number of 35 if you went in today ?

I would be 3.8 lbs too heavy today.
I'll be at least 10 lbs under it by my next physical.

All my wife would tell me is that " BMI wasn't an issue " when she took her physical.

With the success on my weight loss....now about 85 lbs....BMI is 34.6 and a 16 1/4 in. neck...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
BMI does stand for bowel movement indicator right? lol
the_bowel_movement.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
BMI is not a real good method to be using in the first place. It is kinda like junk science. MANY extremely fit, well built people, would not meet BMI requirements. Many not so fit that don't have no underlying problems. At best it is just lazy medicine.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
BMI is not a real good method to be using in the first place. It is kinda like junk science. MANY extremely fit, well built people, would not meet BMI requirements. Many not so fit that don't have no underlying problems. At best it is just lazy medicine.

But as MY Dr said these are NOT rules but guidelines ONLY.....If you have a good relationship with your Dr. he does not have to follow any recommendations.....even tho I have had a stent (2) the book recommends, stress test every year....BUT my Dr. is leaning away from sending as I have lost so much weight and my BP is in line and lack of family history of heart problems....it is up to him at this point....

unfortunately some Drs will go the other extreme to CYA

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But as MY Dr said these are NOT rules but guidelines ONLY.....If you have a good relationship with your Dr. he does not have to follow any recommendations.....even tho I have had a stent (2) the book recommends, stress test every year....BUT my Dr. is leaning away from sending as I have lost so much weight and my BP is in line and lack of family history of heart problems....it is up to him at this point....

unfortunately some Drs will go the other extreme to CYA

Except that there are not going to be many everyday family type Dr. doing the training. I know for a FACT that the VA hospital in Ann Arbor MI, is not.

THEREFORE

It's off the clinic on Alexis road, assuming they are going to have government blessed DR, and take pot luck. Ifin your DR ain't on the list, he/she/it don't count. Forget the fact you may have been seeing that DR for more than a decade and you have records back to the mid-90's, NONE of that matters. ONLY the word of a government "blessed" DR counts. Not how good they may or may not be, not years of records, just the blessings of a government hack is important.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Except that there are not going to be many everyday family type Dr. doing the training. I know for a FACT that the VA hospital in Ann Arbor MI, is not.

THEREFORE

It's off the clinic on Alexis road, assuming they are going to have government blessed DR, and take pot luck. Ifin your DR ain't on the list, he/she/it don't count. Forget the fact you may have been seeing that DR for more than a decade and you have records back to the mid-90's, NONE of that matters. ONLY the word of a government "blessed" DR counts. Not how good they may or may not be, not years of records, just the blessings of a government hack is important.

sucks to be you....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
sucks to be you....

No it don't. Ifin I can't drive I can hunt and fish more.

It is going to hurt a LOT of drivers. There is going to be a shortage of government blessed DR. making it harder, and much more expensive, than it used to be. There will be no value gained for the added expense and no proof what so ever that the "guidelines" will improve overall driver health.

I would be willing to bet there will be a MAJOR increase in the numbers of sleep studies, with the proper incentives paid to the government blessed doctors of course. Same can be said for Cpap sales. Those "guidelines" could become a gold mine for government blessed doctors.

The more this moves in this direction the more fraud and corruption there will be, and we will all lose.

Besides, my BMI is already under 35, and it is going down. So the government can, shaking the "8 Ball", waiting for the little triangle to come up into the window, and it says, "EAT MY SHORTS"!!!!!!!!! So there! :p

Last edited: