Bluegrass superstar Alison Krauss. The early years.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Growing up in Central Appalachia, I saw many, many river baptisms taking place in the 1960's, 70's and 80's. Bridge traffic crossing the Levisa Fork River at Feds Creek would come to a halt until all baptisms were complete. It was the custom of the times. Normally, it was 10 or 15 people in small groups standing in the river, waiting their turn with the preacher.

Down To The River To Pray - Alison Krauss - YouTube

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Finally, a 3 hour live performance recorded in 2002 at the Louisville Palace. Louisville, KY. Made into a live album. This is as good as live music gets in this life.

Alison Krauss & Union Station Live Louisville 2002 - YouTube

Anyone listening to the banter between the songs will get a glimpse into a rare wit and humor.

One of my favorite things about Les Paul & Chet Atkins is the banter - those guys have fun making near perfection look so easy. I like the music better when the musicians are enjoying it, somehow.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Finally, a 3 hour live performance recorded in 2002 at the Louisville Palace. Louisville, KY. Made into a live album. This is as good as live music gets in this life.

Alison Krauss & Union Station Live Louisville 2002 - YouTube

Anyone listening to the banter between the songs will get a glimpse into a rare wit and humor.

As an added bonus, attentive listeners to the concert linked above will hear a running dialogue between Alison and one of her bandmates about Phil Robertson's Duck Commander hunting videos. Mind you, this concert was recorded in 2002. Nearly a decade before the Duck Dynasty television show ever came into being. Yes, Bluegrass fans are the avant garde... ten years ahead of pop culture. Connect the dots.

WARNING: Bluegrass music is addictive after brief exposure.