Blue Jeans/Oxford White ChicB4Egg?

traacker

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Chicken before the egg? Carrier before van, van before carrier - newbie stumbling along here....

About to do the purchase of the van, maybe a factory order which would mean maybe March delivery. If I go that route, I really like the Blue Jeans color Ford has for the transit.

Now checking the lots to see how close to my spec I might get on one right away, they are all pretty much all Oxford White. Booooorrrrrrrrringg........ me thinks.

I have read on the forum how the company you drive for may have a color requirement, so knowing the carrier before the purchase becomes quite important.

I wonder how much I will box myself in with the Blue Jeans color. I have no clue how I shall make a connection to drive for someone. No experience what-so-ever.

My plan B of just travelling doing stealth camping may well be forced on to me rather quickly. I hope to be able to try this expediter thing, but will feel really lucky if I even get a shot.

So...... just how bad do you guys think a 2017 Ford T-350 HR EL 3.5L 3.73 LS SWR BLUE JEANS by FORD be?

50/50 or one side or the other of that?

thanks...

vehicle.png

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Didn't finish my thoughts. It is really important, IMHO, to learn from a steady carrier before you try any fancy stuff, like multi carrier. I did my first year with Bolt and didn't regret the experience. Have since moved on to smaller carrier for my own reasons. Look hard at the big 3 as a rookie and after that you will know what is important to you grasshopper. PS, I have the same 2015 Transit and I WISH mine wasn't boring white

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

traacker

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
xiggi, thanks for the vote, been reading your stuff for a while now and value your POV.

...big majority of carriers... is the kinda statement I was fishing for. As a newbie I have heard how the color of vehicle can matter, tied with my own awareness filter driving down the road, I see only the white vans. My filter is pretty limited as can be seen by the fact that "carrier" to me b4 this forum and the conference, was simply someone with the flu, or a Typhoid Mary type even! ;)

Now, I shall jump into my second phase of myopia and will begin seeing even Blue ones on the road too. :D

btw, Jimmy Wales

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't finish my thoughts. It is really important, IMHO, to learn from a steady carrier before you try any fancy stuff, like multi carrier. I did my first year with Bolt and didn't regret the experience. Have since moved on to smaller carrier for my own reasons. Look hard at the big 3 as a rookie and after that you will know what is important to you grasshopper. PS, I have the same 2015 Transit and I WISH mine wasn't boring white

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
Just slap some paint on there.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
xiggi, thanks for the vote, been reading your stuff for a while now and value your POV.

...big majority of carriers... is the kinda statement I was fishing for. As a newbie I have heard how the color of vehicle can matter, tied with my own awareness filter driving down the road, I see only the white vans. My filter is pretty limited as can be seen by the fact that "carrier" to me b4 this forum and the conference, was simply someone with the flu, or a Typhoid Mary type even! ;)

Now, I shall jump into my second phase of myopia and will begin seeing even Blue ones on the road too. :D

btw, Jimmy Wales

White vans, that's what the automakers make the most of, there are plenty of of other colors out there, I owned a red one before my currant white one, I would stay away from dark colors, as come summer time it will turn into an oven. Harder to keep cool sitting.

Lost in Space.

traacker

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Oooops.... thought I knew what I was doing, NOT, and came back to see the update and saw the

btw, Jimmy Wales dangling...

Meant to be Jimbo, B.D.F.L. provided me the opportunity to get reminded of who Typhoid Mary was, just in case I found it necessary to defend my position of carrier definition to this very erudite group of posters on this farum.

clear.png
Like x 3
ntimevan scottm4211 Worn Out Manager makes it even better too! It's looking like my trek to the water's edge has more than just the Alligators watching me a I am about to risk sticking my little toe into these waters. :eek:

Thanks guys.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The reason most are white is because logos look better on a white background, in most cases. And, as has been noted, white is cooler in the summer.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The reason most are white.in expedite is because that's what dealers mostly stock. Few actually order and wait on a vehicle. In turn most used vans will also be white.

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther will take any color but they prefer white. I always wondered what would happen if you showed up with a black van. Seem kinda of pointless to even put on decals, since there all black as well

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Panther will take any color but they prefer white. I always wondered what would happen if you showed up with a black van. Seem kinda of pointless to even put on decals, since there all black as well
I have no idea where it is now, but back when I was with Panther someone had a black cargo van at Panther. I'm talking B. A. Baracus and the "A Team" black (except without the red trim), with the chrome painted black, black rims, black bumpers, black deer guard, everything. Even the QC bubble was painted the same glossy black. It was gnarly kewl. Panther offers lettering in black or gold (or at least they did with the old logo), and this one has the gold logo and lettering.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have no idea where it is now, but back when I was with Panther someone had a black cargo van at Panther. I'm talking B. A. Baracus and the "A Team" black (except without the red trim), with the chrome painted black, black rims, black bumpers, black deer guard, everything. Even the QC bubble was painted the same glossy black. It was gnarly kewl. Panther offers lettering in black or gold (or at least they did with the old logo), and this one has the gold logo and lettering.

Of course, now that I've stated it's no big deal .. I'll praise it ..

I've seen a black Panther van. If I recall correctly it was a Promaster .... Pilot in Good Hope, AL ..
I'm not of the opinion that the Promaster is a nice looking van, but this one was bad ass. Nothing fancy - black with gold lettering. Big gold outlined cat logo .. looked tough.

Last edited: