Phones Best mobile broadband for expediters

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I have the verizon jetpack 30 gig is like $90/mo.

How do you get 30 GB for 90.00? I have the jetpack with Verizon but it feeds off my same data for the smart phones and tablet. I just raised it to 16 GB. This months bill was 420.00 no overages?

Sent from my QMV7A using EO Forums mobile app

tknight

Veteran Expediter
How do you get 30 GB for 90.00? I have the jetpack with Verizon but it feeds off my same data for the smart phones and tablet. I just raised it to 16 GB. This months bill was 420.00 no overages?

420.a month? What are you smoking I pay 92 a month for a tetherable iPhone with 10gigs

mx377

Rookie Expediter
How do you get 30 GB for 90.00? I have the jetpack with Verizon but it feeds off my same data for the smart phones and tablet. I just raised it to 16 GB. This months bill was 420.00 no overage

I don't use verizon for phone, just use the jetpack. If you go into a verizon shop you can make deals with the bigger stores. ( IF you get a good salesperson):cool:

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Who are you with? I pay 420. But I have 4 smart phones, a tablet and a jetpack with unlimited talk text and 16 GB data?

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
420.a month? What are you smoking I pay 92 a month for a tetherable iPhone with 10gigs

Balance Forward $0.00
Monthly Charges Important
Monthly access charges for new accounts or existing accounts with recent plan changes may reflect a prorated (partial) month's access in addition to charges for your next month of service. Your next month's bill should be closer to what you were expecting provided there are no changes to your account. For more information, Go to Charges by Line.
$396.54
Usage and Purchase Charges Important
In some cases, changes made to your account during a billing period may result in prorated (partial) charges and prorated allowances. You will receive a full month's allowance next month, if you don't make any additional service changes to your account. Usage charges can occur if you exceed a full or prorated allowance(s) during the billing period. Go to Charges by Line page.
$1.99
Verizon Wireless' Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government. Other Charges and Credits - includes charges for products and services, and credits owing. More Information
$7.56
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees
Includes sales, excise and other taxes and governmental surcharges and fees that we are required by law to bill customers. More Information
$14.00
Total Current Charges
Includes all charges for your current billing period December 05, 2013 - January 04, 2014. It does not include past due charges or payments posting to the account after the billing period.
$420.09
Total Charges Due by January 30, 2014 $420.09

tseders93

Active Expediter
Driver
I HATE that I'm ressurecting an old thread, however, I would like to bring to light that I have used Sprint for my tethering for the last two months using EasyTether Pro [android]. It's a 10 dollar investment, however it uses the diagnostic mode for USB and sprint hasn't caught on yet. Finally putting that unlimited plan to good use.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I HATE that I'm ressurecting an old thread
It's appropriate in this case, I think. While somewhat dated, the older posts are still relevant. :)

I'm still tethering on Verizon. They've caught on, though. Kind of. Back in October they increased the price of the data plan for those few who are still grandfathered on the unlimited plan. It went up $20. If you use less than about 10 GB a month, then changing to a tiered plan is a better deal now. But I use way more than 10 GB in a month. I used 74 GB in December. 40-50 gigs is probably normal.

Last year they stopped throttling me (unlimited data plan users) on 3G data. That was right after they got a sternly worded letter from the FCC Chairman wondering why "unlimited" didn't mean, you know, "without limits." Verizon had already announced plans to throttle 4G users (but just the unlimited ones), as well, and the letter caused them to scrap that notion. In October when Verizon announced the price increase, the Chief Financial Officer, Fran Shammo, stated, "For a customer who signed up for unlimited, they're going to get unlimited," Shammo said. "But we are increasing the price. These customers are consuming a lot of data. But we're not in the habit of throttling customers." He added that last part, despite the fact that until Verizon received that FCC letter, they were in the habit of throttling.

I pay for
Nationwide Talk 900 - $59.99
Email & Web Unlimited - $49.99 (used to be $29.99)
500 MSG Allowance + UNL IN MSG - $10.00

The Nationwide Talk 900 is for 900 minutes, but the overwhelming majority of my minutes are to other Verizon customers, or to the 5 numbers in my Friends and Family thingy, which don't count towards my minutes. Same thing with the 500 text messages. I usually end up with less than 100 minutes and less than 50 texts that count towards the limits. I'd like to change to an unlimited Talk and Text plan, but of course I'd lose my unlimited data plan. It's way cheaper to keep that I've got.

Sprint will throttle the unlimited data plans when they reach 23 GB of data in a month. T-Mobile is the same. AT&T throttles like crazy. You should be fine tethering on Sprint, up to the 23 GB mark, anyway.

tseders93

Active Expediter
Driver
Sprint will throttle the unlimited data plans when they reach 23 GB of data in a month. T-Mobile is the same. AT&T throttles like crazy. You should be fine tethering on Sprint, up to the 23 GB mark, anyway.

I got in before they started writing that into the new contracts, safe for at least another 18 months, not sure if I'll renew my plan or just buy a new phone outright, after that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My last 2 phones I bought outright. Full price, but still way cheaper than than paying $300 or $400 a month for the data I'm using. :laughing:

Reactions: TDave

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any one have the in mobile satellite setup , that I think saw occasionally at TA,s or Flying J , Wondering if they had the capability for an internet connection ?

jimmy
I spend a fair amount of time at Pilot/Flying J. They have free wifi inside, which works ok for torrent downloads using a proxy. I download and watch later when wifi is not available. If you buy a wifi repeater setup you could probably stream video from the parking lot. Also, for $100 you can sign up for unlimited wifi for a year at Pilot/Flying J.

WiFi Antennas | C. Crane Mobile

RonEmerson1

New Recruit
Driver
I had the same problem.... I picked T-Mobile with Binge ON streaming.... with 14 GB HS data 8 GB tethering high speed data. However if you use Binge on there is no charge for streaming.

plan costs me a flat rate of 95.00 a month

ATT has better coverage however with an antenna and booster from wilson electronics (same as wilson CB antennas) I can boost my signal to almost any where att is.

Reactions: Turtle