Best Expediter Truck

ds1450

Expert Expediter
After reading a thread from a newbie.. I thought this might be a good topic. What is the best, nicest or both Expediter truck you have driven? I am still open but have driven Hino's (too small and no power) M2's (plenty of room, no power) International Eagle (nice) and soon.. Freightliner FL 106. I will let you know.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This one is easy to answer.. one that is paid for. my personal choice would be KW. other than the smaller cab which is not a problem as I run single. and as far as the truck that you said that had no power, that has nothing to due with the make or model. it's what's under the hood!!!!!!!

guido4475

Not a Member
I had a kw t-300 and loved it!! it would only top out at 78,but now and days that is fast enough,but not for out west. i kick myself for getting rid of that truck.it was cheap to maintain, and it was paid for. and the quality of a kw is unbelieveable.what was i thinkin? the truck i have now has a 435 c-15 cat, turned up to 550.a little overkill, i guess.but i doesnt come out of 10 anywhere, either.and it still gets 8.5.

ds1450

Expert Expediter
I forgot about the KW I started expediting on. That was a pretty good rig too. Not great on fuel but it would roll down the road.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
We drive a Hino also. I agree on the power issue, but toyota is taking care of that problem with the 2010 models, they are putting in a bigger engine. Now as for the sleepers, you can have many type of sleepers put on them. The one we have is 96". Plenty of room for two people. And a lot of comfortable add ons if you choose to pay for it. Keep in mind, their are many different variations.

Here is a link for optional sleepers for Hino at AA Truck Sleeper.
AA Truck Sleeper Corp

They have many other sleeper options for all different types of trucks.
And they can be customized to your liking.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
We love our Wester Star. Plenty of room in the cab. We have the stock 82" Ultra High sleeper and it works great for us. We also have the MBE 4000 series engine with the Eaton Ultra shift tranny. Over 200K miles and no complaints.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
As for the comfort part of the truck, Sterling would be my choice. Just seemed to have more leg room. International would be next and Peterbilt is the most uncomfortable truck I ever owned. There is just a cramped feeling with fatigue after long runs. I have never had an issue with power in any that I have driven. Sterling also gave me the better mileage of all I have owned. I think I am in my last class 7 truck. If I am able to survive, my next will be a class 8.