Best coolers?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well, if we're confessing our sins, once in a while, I will get a cup of coffee and there is only one person working the registers and the line is way long, I will just take my 24oz cup and leave rather than stand in line for 5 minutes. I don't know what a cup of coffee cost them but I know what my time costs me

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know what a cup of coffee cost them but I know what my time costs me
Coffee is currently just a hair under 5 cents per 8 ounces. So, 24 ounces you're looking at about 15 cents. A 24 ounce cup and lid, add another 9.5 cents.

Tea is about the same cost as coffee, a tad less, but basically the same.

As for the lines, on those online PFJ surveys, I regularly praise them for how they have it down to a science and are so thoroughly consistent across all locations, in how no matter how many registers they have open they are always one short.

Reactions: RoadTime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, if we're confessing our sins, once in a while, I will get a cup of coffee and there is only one person working the registers and the line is way long, I will just take my 24oz cup and leave rather than stand in line for 5 minutes. I don't know what a cup of coffee cost them but I know what my time costs me

the best reason to make your own in the van....;)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing is free. It all costs someone. I always bought something when I stopped even if it was just for a pit stop. Maybe just a candy bar or whatever but something. If they told me no charge for a refill at the register I'd say thank you and not argue but I made the approach to pay. Because nothing is free. It may be inexpensive/cheap, whichever version one prefers, but not free. So unless they had a sign, take your pick no charge, I wasn't going to take it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
:pokepoke:shop lifting is a crime...period ...if one can justify stealing a coffee, makes one wonder....;)

I used to "borrow thier towel" 1 for the van use it for onboard wash ups and then swap it with a clean one next shower....:p

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
:pokepoke:shop lifting is a crime...period ...if one can justify stealing a coffee, makes one wonder....;)

I used to "borrow thier towel" 1 for the van use it for onboard wash ups and then swap it with a clean one next shower....:p
Saturday I took Mom to Wally world and got a Coke zero work walking around. Got her groceries checked out and on the way to the car and realized the unpaid Coke was in my pocket. Went back in and paid for it, cashier thought I was crazy.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wonder if my 1500W inverter would work a small Kuerig?

It should, I used to use a small 5 cup coffee maker with my 1500W inverter. Worked fine, just became more of a hassle for me. Plus I didn't like the extra drain on my battery bank. My cube fridge gets top priority.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app