Best carriers for new owner operators

New Recruit
Driver
Good morning, we are researching becoming owner operator and wondering which carriers are the best for those new to the industry. Have 6 months experience driving solo straight truck for fleet owner at FedEx cc white glove division. Have submitted everything to Landstar and waiting. Have heard there is a huge learning curve there. Is a carrier like load one or panther or bolt better for new people?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good morning, we are researching becoming owner operator and wondering which carriers are the best for those new to the industry. Have 6 months experience driving solo straight truck for fleet owner at FedEx cc white glove division. Have submitted everything to Landstar and waiting. Have heard there is a huge learning curve there. Is a carrier like load one or panther or bolt better for new people?
While i have no personal knowledge, I've heard from others that Bolt is a good choice.

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
from just reviewing here a lot of people seem to have good things to say about Bolt and Load-1. Can't speak with any experience unfortunately, only observation.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I have worked with both bolt and load one....
If you can get in with load one to start out with then do so they do the best to keep you moving and want you to keep moving safely.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Having been at Landstar over six years (hard to believe) I do not believe there is a better company for making the most money. There is a learning curve and the more you network with other drivers the easy it gets and each year it just gets better. You have to work to get the best loads and that means being a salesman by talking to agents, emailing agents, solving problems, and always and I mean ALWAYS do the best you can to complete a load correctly and professionally.

Over the years I heard you had to give the agents gifts or take them donuts which you can do if you so choose but the only way an agent makes money is if you complete a load. Proving yourself to an agent is what gets you more loads not a donut.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
from just reviewing here a lot of people seem to have good things to say about Bolt and Load-1. Can't speak with any experience unfortunately, only observation.
Bolt may have an issue with your converted single wheel deal.....because it's not factory. Load one is more strict than Bolt.

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
Bolt may have an issue with your converted single wheel deal.....because it's not factory. Load one is more strict than Bolt.
I both do not have a converted single wheel am merely a mechanical engineer which is why I gave the physics feedback I did on that thread, and also can probably not work for Load 1 or Bolt being a Canadian citizen. :)

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I both do not have a converted single wheel am merely a mechanical engineer which is why I gave the physics feedback I did on that thread, and also can probably not work for Load 1 or Bolt being a Canadian citizen. :)
Dude....it's converted. Lol being a mechanical engineer doesn't change that. You never know unless you talk to them. :)

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
Dude....it's converted. Lol being a mechanical engineer doesn't change that. You never know unless you talk to them. :)
Okay since you somehow still didnt get it.
1: Not my van. I have a 2022 Transit coming.
2: Have education on how mechanical systems work, which is WHY I gave the opinions I did in the thread, ABOUT not my van.
3: I still can't work for either of these companies being a canadian citizen and resident.
4: And as such, as stated in my post above, I was merely repeating the most common given advice around the forum. "This is what I have seen thus far from others."

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
2: Have education on how mechanical systems work, which is WHY I gave the opinions I did in the thread, ABOUT not my van.
3: I still can't work for either of these companies being a canadian citizen and resident.
4: And as such, as stated in my post above, I was merely repeating the most common given advice around the forum. "This is what I have seen thus far from others."
Why are you here? Seems like you're just trying to be confrontational with people. Doesn't seem like you're researching, seeking knowledge, or getting opinions. Everytime someone responds to you, without their lips placed firmly on your tail.....you lash out angrily. Your original post definitely sounded like it was your van
Why are you here? Seems like you're just trying to be confrontational with people. Doesn't seem like you're researching, seeking knowledge, or getting opinions. Everytime someone responds to you, without their lips placed firmly on your tail.....you lash out angrily. Sorry for mistaken you for being the one who owned the van. The way you have been crying and defensive made it seem like you were the owner.

No one cares about your so called "education".......so stop citing it. You aren't better than anyone on here.....as even with your education, you ended up in expedite. I served my country and community, and owned my own business by 24. That's without any formal schooling.....started from nothing.....so go tell it to someone who is impressed.

You better be glad you can't get on with those companies......they would eat you alive. Especially with the superior attitude you have in general. I have an idea why you're having trouble finding a company.

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
Why are you here? Seems like you're just trying to be confrontational with people. Doesn't seem like you're researching, seeking knowledge, or getting opinions. Everytime someone responds to you, without their lips placed firmly on your tail.....you lash out angrily. Your original post definitely sounded like it was your van

Why are you here? Seems like you're just trying to be confrontational with people. Doesn't seem like you're researching, seeking knowledge, or getting opinions. Everytime someone responds to you, without their lips placed firmly on your tail.....you lash out angrily. Sorry for mistaken you for being the one who owned the van. The way you have been crying and defensive made it seem like you were the owner.

No one cares about your so called "education".......so stop citing it. You aren't better than anyone on here.....as even with your education, you ended up in expedite. I served my country and community, and owned my own business by 24. That's without any formal schooling.....started from nothing.....so go tell it to someone who is impressed.

You better be glad you can't get on with those companies......they would eat you alive. Especially with the superior attitude you have in general. I have an idea why you're having trouble finding a company.
Thats a whoooooooole lot of assumption. Not that I'm surprised.

At no point did I claim I was better than anyone. I explained the foundation for the belief I had. You are the one who made things needlessly personal for reasons beyond my understanding.

In no universe am I "having trouble". I've gotten 3 offers from carriers in 2 months. I took one of them.

As for "Crying", please. I was having an educated discussion with another member of the forum, that's the point of the forum, is it not? You are the one who decided to both talk out of your ass in that thread, and bring it into this thread where it has no basis or relevance.

I'm not going to bother responding to your other points as they are so detached from reality it's not worth my effort to try and bring you around to it.

Reactions: Ragman

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats a whoooooooole lot of assumption. Not that I'm surprised.

At no point did I claim I was better than anyone. I explained the foundation for the belief I had. You are the one who made things needlessly personal for reasons beyond my understanding.

In no universe am I "having trouble". I've gotten 3 offers from carriers in 2 months. I took one of them.

As for "Crying", please. I was having an educated discussion with another member of the forum, that's the point of the forum, is it not? You are the one who decided to both talk out of your ass in that thread, and bring it into this thread where it has no basis or relevance.

I'm not going to bother responding to your other points as they are so detached from reality it's not worth my effort to try and bring you around to it.
You definitely have been running your mouth mentioning your degree in mechanical engineering every chance you get. Almost in every single comment. So yes you are pretending that you are better than those who don't have a degree in mechanical engineering. Furthermore unless you have direct experience and knowledge working with mechanical engineering on sprinter vans that you know about as much as the rest of us.

If that was the case you wouldn't be looking to sign on with a company. Furthermore you haven't gotten offers from anyone. You contacted a company and they told you what they had to offer and you have the choice whether or not to accept it. There is no company out there that is begging you to come on board with them. So you can knock that stuff off right now because people on here know better than that.

Yes it's probably better that you run along because you've done nothing but run your mouth and try to make yourself sound better than you really are. You aren't here for information or conversation.. you're here for conflict and it's very clear.

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
You definitely have been running your mouth mentioning your degree in mechanical engineering every chance you get. Almost in every single comment. So yes you are pretending that you are better than those who don't have a degree in mechanical engineering. Furthermore unless you have direct experience and knowledge working with mechanical engineering on sprinter vans that you know about as much as the rest of us.

If that was the case you wouldn't be looking to sign on with a company. Furthermore you haven't gotten offers from anyone. You contacted a company and they told you what they had to offer and you have the choice whether or not to accept it. There is no company out there that is begging you to come on board with them. So you can knock that stuff off right now because people on here know better than that.

Yes it's probably better that you run along because you've done nothing but run your mouth and try to make yourself sound better than you really are. You aren't here for information or conversation.. you're here for conflict and it's very clear.
3 times where it was contextually relevant out of 25 posts. "Nearly every single post." MMkay. And no not specifically in sprinters, but in drivetrains of other cars. Forgive me for thinking experience was relevant, my mistake.

I'm, not looking to sign on with a company? I have signed on with one. Again where are you getting this information?

There's evidence in abundance against the idea that I'm "here for conflict", I'm just not about to allow you to besmirch me because you lack reading comprehension skills.

Reactions: Ragman

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 times where it was contextually relevant out of 25 posts. "Nearly every single post." MMkay. And no not specifically in sprinters, but in drivetrains of other cars. Forgive me for thinking experience was relevant, my mistake.

I'm, not looking to sign on with a company? I have signed on with one. Again where are you getting this information?

There's evidence in abundance against the idea that I'm "here for conflict", I'm just not about to allow you to besmirch me because you lack reading comprehension skills.
Perhaps I should have been more specific, just about every post directed at me or anyone else who disagreed with you.

Ok good. So you know as much as I do and you can stop pretending that you know more. Sound good?

Okay so you're not looking to sign on with a company..... Despite you having "researching" on your tag.... And supposedly companies that want to recruit you (which is actually quite funny that you would make that insinuation).

That's nice... Just know that I'll put you in your lane Everytime you try to step out of it. :)

Oh and congratulations. That's two posts you have brought up your college degree. You're on a roll!

Sierra Invenio

New Recruit
Researching
The latter of which would require me to put credence in what you have to say. Sorry :p

Yeah I haven't updated to owner operator has I don't have the vehicle yet. As I said in one of my other posts, supply here is 6 months out. As I said in another post I had 2 options I was considering, a few weeks ago. Clearly a decision had been made. Companies don't just offer contracts to every jo-schmo that comes in the door here and I highly doubt they do there, but if they do that would certainly explain a lot.

And I was never pretending to know more than you. I think differently. It says more about you than me about that bothering you.

Reactions: Turtle and Ragman

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
The latter of which would require me to put credence in what you have to say. Sorry :p

Yeah I haven't updated to owner operator has I don't have the vehicle yet. As I said in one of my other posts, supply here is 6 months out. As I said in another post I had 2 options I was considering, a few weeks ago. Clearly a decision had been made. Companies don't just offer contracts to every jo-schmo that comes in the door here and I highly doubt they do there, but if they do that would certainly explain a lot.

And I was never pretending to know more than you. I think differently. It says more about you than me about that bothering you.
Lol ok guy. Sure they do. Clean driving/criminal record.....license and a pulse.....you will get hired on as a van driver.

The turnover rate is significantly high for drivers.

Yeah I'm sure.. that's why you kept bringing up your whole mechanical engineering degree.. right? Spare me. Lol