Bentz

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don Bentz is now running Bolt Custom Trucks.
4532 Allen Martin Dr.
Fort Wayne, IN 46806

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Hey Arlene!! They moved again tho I don't recall if Allen Martin Dr is the name of the road, they are across the hwy from Hoosier on a service rd in Ft Wayne.

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
Allen Martin is the old address. They are right next door to Penskee, instead of turning at the light to go to hoosier turn the other way and follow the road past penskee Bolt will be on the right. I think it's actually New Haven IN.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Don Bentz is back to growing the family business and the sleepers keep improving on what was all ready a very nice sleeper. I believe Don will be at the Expedite Expo as I know many of his sleepers as well as Keith's sleepers will be in attendance.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Don Bentz is back to growing the family business and the sleepers keep improving on what was all ready a very nice sleeper. I believe Don will be at the Expedite Expo as I know many of his sleepers as well as Keith's sleepers will be in attendance.

A while after I did the interviews and research for the story linked to above, I talked to Jeff Jones and Don Bentz about doing a piece on their new product. It turned out to be too early. Neither one of them wanted to say much at that time.

In the telepone conversation we did have, Don was very keen to distinguish his company -- Bolt Custom Trucks -- from Keith's old company, Bentz Transport Products, Inc. He did not want me to refer to Bolt Custom Trucks as the successor company to Bentz Transport Products, Inc.

That struck me as curious but I did not go into it. There was no sleeper story to write at the time and that's where it ended.

Linda talks about Don's sleepers and Keith's (previously manufactured) sleepers, and that is the right distinction to make. The company that made the old Bentz sleepers is gone, and as far as I know, Keith Bentz is not involved with Bolt Custom Sleepers. He said he was getting out of the truck sleeper business and did exactly that.

Last edited: