Beginner looking for the best box truck

DADlvy Mr. Tillman

New Recruit
Driver
Hey I am starting off in the courier service and I am looking for the most reliable box truck to get. I have 3 options I see thus far here in Georgia. Frieghtliner M2 etc and Ford ecoline, international ( I see most people on here have bad reviews of this one) and hino. I would like a 26ft or 24ft at the least to gain the most profit early. So what do you all recommend the most? Also are there any models that are 26ft or 24ft gasoline powered not diesel?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Fords do have a V10 gas option, but I do know someone who bought a few of those trucks for local work and had transmission issues. All of the other trucks ( even Hino) can be bought with a Cummins engine and Allison transmission, so its probably down to which one you can get the better deal on.

Reactions: DADlvy Mr. Tillman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You also want to keep the door tag weight below 26,000 lbs so you don't need a cdl. However you will need to log and go thru the scale houses.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
If you buy used make sure you check how well maintained units is. If you can't see maintenance paper work don't buy it. Check engine out is there any oil leaks. Also look on here to see what used trucks there. also maybe drive for someone before you invest