Been dispatching trucking industry for 6 years

BenzSprinter2500

Rookie Expediter
Dispatcher
I've been dispatching for about 6 years already.
Now I work for some guy he has his own Mc dot all good stuff load about 15 sprinter vans
I'm tired of working for him he takes allot of percentage from me I can't afford to pay drivers my own money .
Should I open expedite mc or regular trucking Mc or how does it work I need more details.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Unless you know brokers that'll keep your trucks busy, I believe it's a huge risk to start on your own nowadays. My POV.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Also you should know that MC numbers are going to be history soon.before long you wont need them its all going to be off DOT# so save your $300 and keep that job for another year. I would wait and see what happens to the carriers who not already prepared for electronic logging. Being a great dispatcher for 6 years will not make you a great Motor Carrier.I am sure your boss earns that percentage he keeps.if you feel it is to much I suggest you find another.
Trucking is gonna be bad for the next year or two once they do away with the non compliant carriers that employ dispatchers that turn their heads to hos regulations and do away with the drivers comic books.there wont be enough money left to interest even the homeless :censoredsign:s .

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
I am sure your boss earns that percentage he keeps.

Right. What's more realistic, that he actually does earn it, or that he skims some extra $ simply because he can. I mean, im sure he convinced himself that he earns it. But you know.... :rolleyes:

876Trucking

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
I've been dispatching for about 6 years already.
Now I work for some guy he has his own Mc dot all good stuff load about 15 sprinter vans
I'm tired of working for him he takes allot of percentage from me I can't afford to pay drivers my own money .
Should I open expedite mc or regular trucking Mc or how does it work I need more details.
Hello there. I have been in trucking for over 20 years from office clerk, dispatching, billing, operations, compliance, HOS, Fleet Management and now I’m Director of Operations for 876 Trucking LLC out of Charlotte NC. So 6 years dispatching and dispatching a fleet of 15 vans is impressive. We have 5 sprinter vans drivers starting next week and we need a great experienced dispatcher like yourself. You shouldn’t never have to come out of pocket to pay a driver out of your own compensation. I would like to talk to you. My name is Davon. I currently have 1 high roof Mercedes Benz, 1 high roof promaster and 3 low roof promastersr.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello there. I have been in trucking for over 20 years from office clerk, dispatching, billing, operations, compliance, HOS, Fleet Management and now I’m Director of Operations for 876 Trucking LLC out of Charlotte NC. So 6 years dispatching and dispatching a fleet of 15 vans is impressive. We have 5 sprinter vans drivers starting next week and we need a great experienced dispatcher like yourself. You shouldn’t never have to come out of pocket to pay a driver out of your own compensation. I would like to talk to you. My name is Davon. I currently have 1 high roof Mercedes Benz, 1 high roof promaster and 3 low roof promastersr.
I don't think he's going to respond.
He posted he's comment in 2016.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
As long as you hire someone that understands the weight limit and freight size limits for each van or box van your good....and never ever pressure a driver to run unsafe.