Bears, don't screw this up!!!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
Lovie smith's agent is stating that negotiations are "far apart" and that Lovie will likely coach this upcoming season, then leave. That's about a year away, why would ownership allow this to happen? I'm sure Lovie is not asking for 5-6 million, but He is looking to be at least in the ballgame...right now, he's being paid peanuts compared to other head coaches (and some assistant coaches). I think they will get a deal done, but if not, we may end up with another ##### Jauron, which was pretty stinking bad. If this goes bad, and Lovie leaves, the bears have NO CHANCE of hiring a decent coach with experience (ie cowher, Mariucci, etc) because they are showing that they are not willing to reward a coach for results. Who would they hire should Lovie leave? Rivera (I've already heard this), singletary (I'd like this) what do you guys think, or do you care??x(

Jayman

Expert Expediter
I am not sure what to expect. But, if Lovie leaves Chicago and Dungy retires...I could see Dungy's "pupil" making a short drive to Indy.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Lovie is being paid 1.4 mil... among the lowest in the league. His team made it to the SB, which puts some of that responsibility on that coach for getting them there. Bears owners... if you don't think he's worth it, Matt Millen will probably be available next year. Lovie needs to go where he's respected $$$!

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
At this point, I hope he does leave...owners need to understand that in order to have a sucessful team, you may have to spend more money than you first thought. If Lovie's last three seasons turn out to be a mirage,(if they were to give him the extension) they can fire him. this is ridiculous that it's even an issue. Apparently, they don't remember the "##### Jauron, Dave Wannstedt" years. Bears ownership, you suck (at least for today). x(

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
IT'S A DONE DEAL....LOVIE STAYS....now I can move on and get ready for the draft and free agency...