Be truthful to yourself—and prosper

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We've all heard the fabled tale of George Washington who, after chopping down his father's cherry tree, could not tell a lie and fessed up to what he had done.

And whether or not this is an actual historical account is up in the air, but we can still see the meaning behind it: that he valued honesty above all.

Now, we're familiar with the phrase "honesty is the best policy." But are there any real consequences when the only one you're lying to is yourself?

For instance, are you really following your business plan? Do you even have one?.Are you living it 100%? Or are you just talking a good game? Look at your results, your bottom line, and you'll probably find the answer.

You've decided to make this amazing lifestyle/business change in your life, but it's not going to work unless you truly commit to it. And part of your commitment comes through honesty, both to yourself and your business plan. A half-hearted attempt won't do it; it's time to be completely honest with yourself on all counts.

As George Washington realized, lying gets you nowhere. And if you're lying to yourself, the only one who's paying the price is you.

Have an even better day!....:)

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
We've all heard the fabled tale of George Washington who, after chopping down his father's cherry tree, could not tell a lie and fessed up to what he had done.

And whether or not this is an actual historical account is up in the air, but we can still see the meaning behind it: that he valued honesty above all.

Now, we're familiar with the phrase "honesty is the best policy." But are there any real consequences when the only one you're lying to is yourself?

For instance, are you really following your business plan? Do you even have one?.Are you living it 100%? Or are you just talking a good game? Look at your results, your bottom line, and you'll probably find the answer.

You've decided to make this amazing lifestyle/business change in your life, but it's not going to work unless you truly commit to it. And part of your commitment comes through honesty, both to yourself and your business plan. A half-hearted attempt won't do it; it's time to be completely honest with yourself on all counts.

As George Washington realized, lying gets you nowhere. And if you're lying to yourself, the only one who's paying the price is you.

Have an even better day!....:)

OVM: Part of me wants to say "AMEN" to your post, but I swear, I've seen more liars prosper than people who tell the truth no matter what the consequences. Not saying its right at all, but how many times have you felt that while trying to do the right thing...you are the ONLY one doing the right thing? I have got into more trouble and A&* aches trying to do the right thing than I EVER have scheming, lying, angling, back-stabbing, and trying play the game as others who are succedding play the game. They sit back on their success that was earned by cheating at the game and laugh at us poor saps who fail because we try to do the right thing! Anyone else agree?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM: Part of me wants to say "AMEN" to your post, but I swear, I've seen more liars prosper than people who tell the truth no matter what the consequences. Not saying its right at all, but how many times have you felt that while trying to do the right thing...you are the ONLY one doing the right thing? I have got into more trouble and A&* aches trying to do the right thing than I EVER have scheming, lying, angling, back-stabbing, and trying play the game as others who are succedding play the game. They sit back on their success that was earned by cheating at the game and laugh at us poor saps who fail because we try to do the right thing! Anyone else agree?

You are absolutely correct.... The liars, short cut artists.....

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I think those lying to themselves are going to have a hard time getting by. They are cheating themselves.

eb

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i would never be lying to you, but might not tell you the true
just tell you a good story or two