"Be Safe"

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When truckers end conversations with each other and move on to the next thing in their day or night, the parting comment is often "be safe." It's not "have a good day" or "have a great weekend," which is commonly said among non-truckers, it's "be safe."

Since Diane and I opened a business outside of trucking, many people have wished us well in one way or another but no one has urged us to be safe. That difference says something about the nature of the trucking business. When an industry's workers regularly urge each other to be safe, you know it is in an industry in which the risks are high.

You do not have to be a trucker long before you get hurt yourself or meet people personally who have been hurt on the job.

Be safe.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Phil,
Have good day. People get hurt on exercise equipment all the time.
Be safe.

Last edited:

APMECHANIC

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Phil,
Have good day. People get hurt on exercise equipment all the time.
Be safe.

As an aircraft mechanic and being a pilot myself I usually will end a conversation
with other pilots before they depart with " have a safe flight " .

Safety is no accident , it must be planned .

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Hill Street Blues,the Sgt at the end of roll call always said, "Be Safe Out There",meaning go home alive.Like you Phil you may not be a trucker any longer,you may be opening a new page on your resume. As always in your posting, I look forward to your telling us that you are going to hold classes on how to run a Health Spa, as you did in Expediting.We still here and you gone,what happen did you run out of a__ to kiss? Jerry Springer was Mayor,look at him now he host a TV Show for White Trash and Scum Balls.There a A__ for every seat. Be Safe........ LOL