BBQ Ribs

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone else do this. I love to order a full slab, and take more than half with me in doggy bag.

I have noticed the last two times when pulling these out cold, that they taste more like Crisco than ribs. Has anyone else noticed that there is way more fat on ribs lately than meat. The warm comming out of the oven and all that sauce disguises the Yuck factor with all this fat.

What Restuarant Chain offers Real Ribs, with Meat not just, lets give em 4lbs of ribs when 3 of it is bones and fat.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
One of my favorite resturants is O'Charleys. They have excellent steaks and ribs, and most are located off the interstate.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Try Sam's Club. In the Mest Department they have rotissere chicken and ribs. We haven't had any bad ones yet.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I LOVE the McRib!!! Processed rib meat is beefy... no bones about it! :7

Famous Daves has awesome ribs! Their sauces are all great, and you can get them at Wallyworld.

I tend to like the country style ribs. They're a little more fatty than slab ribs, but so much meatier also.

When cooking ribs yourself, boil them for a couple hours with a cup or so of vinegar in the water. The vinegar gets rid of most of the fat on them, and gives them a tangy flavor. Then fix em up and throw em on the grill or in the oven at 350 for 20-30 mins (adding bbq sauce along the way).

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
There's a topic on BBQ over at dieseltruckresource.com forums in the OTHER category with good recommendations .