BBC Breaking News: Boeing and United Airlines announce $14.7bn deal

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
US planemaker Boeing has announced an "historic" order from United Airlines for 150 Boeing 737s, in a deal worth $14.7bn (£9.5bn).

The order comprises 100 of the new Boeing 737 Max 9 planes and 50 Boeing 737-900ER aircraft.

Boeing said the deal meant it had now received more than 10,000 orders overall for aircraft from the 737 family.

Boeing said the 737 was the "undisputed best-selling jetliner in the world".

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
I'm not sure many products are built in America anymore. I think assembled in America would be more appropriate, especially large multiple component products. Too many subassemblies are made outside the USA.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
The Boeing 737 is primarily built in Renton Wa. South side of Seattle. They are expanding the facility to other locations because of limited area to build. All the parts for the 737 air-frame are constructed in the US except for the wing slats which are produced and imported from Japan. They have been doing that for years. They also do the same with the 757. I look for the 737 to be along side the 787 manufacturing facility in Charleston SC. I do business with Boeing and have several family members building 747's in Everett Wa. Great company.