Banished To The Basement

Which ne of the following best describe how you felt about this post.

• I was personally offended

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I found it encouraging or acceptable

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Hey man, I really don't care one way or the other...

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Hey all,

I posted an article that was immediately banished to the basement files here on EO. I thought the article would genuinely be helpful with situations that we expediters come across.

The powers that be, here at EO, thought that article was to religious or something. I was wondering if you feel the same way too? I posted a link to this "Offensive Posting" so you can dig it out of the basement.

CAUTION!!! The following link makes an occasion reference to prayer, mentions God and even encludes a Bible verse!!!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/loading-dock/53545-what-do-when-things-go-wrong.html

Which of the following would best describe how you feel about it

1 - This post was offensive to you personally
2 - You found this post encouraging or at least acceptable
3 - Hey man, I could care less...

I understand that EO has certain policies they operate from and have to protect revenue from advertisers. So I am not going to ask them to change their policy. I am really interested in your opinion.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Rich,

Your topic was moved to a more appropriate forum. We have a forum for faith topics. Plain and simple. Since this topic is about our forum conduct - it will be move to that forum.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It never was offensive....I find the thread about 50-50..It could be here or it should be where it was moved...as it has more to do with the mental health of an expediter and then you went biblical ...which I realize is your own way of handling the day to day stresses of being out here....look at the descriptions of the forums and you'll see how it straddles where it should be....

Added...and what Lawrence just said...now you threw in the conduct of forum decisions...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We are equal opportunity enforcers . So much for the conspiracy theorist knuckleheads. ;)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your thread fits the category of the loading dock. There's no basement and no banishment. It's just a matter of being where one would anticipate finding it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think what should probably be mentioned here is the old adage of... accept this place for what it is, rather than trying to make it into what you want it to be. It works for Web forums, Usenet Newsgroups, and motor carriers.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Hey guys, the whole point of this post was to see if others felt like I did, that my original post was not all that religious. It really is not that big of a deal. You Rock and have an amazing day!

BigCat

Expert Expediter
1&3
It was encouraging and I could care less that it was in this forum. It didn't bother me infact I agree with a lot you said.

But with that said I have to respect where the mods are coming from. A lot of non religious member may feel you are forcing it down their throats and to keep everyone happy and resolve it before it has chance to become an issue.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Hey guys, the whole point of this post was to see if others felt like I did, that my original post was not all that religious. It really is not that big of a deal. You Rock and have an amazing day!

I had no problem with your thread in thd general forum....but that is not my call.

As far as not being all that religous...you did quote scripture? I didnt have a problem with it and I understand your position, but it is somebody else's sandbox.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Sometimes topics are such that it is difficult to know where they should be posted. I understand why you posted what you did where you did. I did not find it offensive and I am not a religious person. As stated already, it was a reflection of how you handle mental overload.

I understand why the mods moved it also. To prevent the potential firestorm against you. At least they left it accessible, didn't delete and lock.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ok guys, I moved it, and it was not to prevent a firestorm, or as an assault on Preacher Rich. As a matter of fact, anyone who knows me, knows I have very strong faith. I simply felt it belonged in the Loading Dock, which is where that sort of post is usually discussed. It was nothing personal. .. and it is NOT the basement files! I set up each forum with a specific purpose... and I did feel the the post was definitely religious in nature, which is a good thing, in my opinion! I just moved it to the correct forum.

I felt the post was very nice!

Dale