Bad start for Toyota

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
>Buy american.
O.K. Suggestions for American cars and trucks . Rule out Freightliner , Sterling , and Dodge right away . German company with factories in Mexico . Ford would be bankrupt without profits from European divisions . GM tried merging with Japanese companies .

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Companies being diversified isnt new. Plus, companies using parts made in Canada, Mexico, Germany, Japan, etc. isnt new either. To some degree...it is a wise business practice for "the short term". If you cant make something that meets quality standards for a respectable price...get it from somebody else until you can.

That is one of the main problems in the auto industry. We never came back to making it for ourselves. So, people who used to make the auto parts started losing their jobs.

Then, we have companies (without mentioning names) that come here from afar and say they will be creating x number of new jobs. If you look at how many jobs they create and compare them with how many jobs GM, Ford, and Chrysler is losing...you see why things arent good. If those companies from afar made their parts here as well as assembling the cars here it wouldnt be like that. But, it is.

But, this isnt ground breaking news.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
O.K. The topic at hand...

NASCAR says they're going to get serious this year and that appears to be the case. The teams are sure whining about it. Rusty Wallace even said that he tried some of the cheating involved and it didn't work, so the penalties shouldn't be so stiff. Looks like they're going to have to get over the "everyone's doing it" mentality and play by the rules. Good for NASCAR.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
It didn't work cause he got caught? I actually read the story. LOL And sorry, Waltrip... even if it did work, it wouldn't have worked, cause you would've GOTTEN CAUGHT! I like Waltrip's statement about finding out what happened. DUMMY! YOU GOT CAUGHT! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED!!! If he were truthful, he would've said "We're investigating what happened to get us caught, and to prevent us from getting caught when we try it next time."

How can a crew chief be fined $100,000? Wouldn't that be like a trainer being fined cause Barry Bonds had roids in his system? I say cut out the middle man. Suspend and fine the drivers! Hit them in the pocket book where it counts! Let the sponsors take it up with the owners; then we'll see how far that "investigating what happened" takes them.

Speaking of soaps... did you hear Alan Quartermain is going to die? After 30 years on the show, they're just kicking him out. :(

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I say hit 'em in the points where it counts.

Whose going to die? Dude, you really need to get back to work.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
LOL WOOHOO!!! :p

I've always seen the behind the scenes crap of NASCAR as a kind of soap opera. So I said "Speaking of soaps..." Alan Q is on General Hospital, and is getting canned after 30 years on the show. Gotta say I feel more sorry for him than Waltrip. He caused his own funk.

So I know a bit about soaps. Growing up with 5 women in the house, and a wife who tapes them daily, I tend to hear bits and pieces. I think ABC is digging their own grave on the issue. LOL

You're right, Star... I need a load, NOW!!! :7

They're coming to take me away he he. They're coming to take me away ho ho ha ha he he. :p

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jayman...you said BUY American???

Isn't it wierd I heard on TV Fox from Darrel Waltrip that TOYOTA is the ONLY American built car (Camry) built in Georgtown KY by more then 7,000 Americans) in the Daytona 500 to-day.
The Ford Fusion is built in Mexico and the Dodge Challenger and GM Pontiac are both built in Canada.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Do they actaully start with a production car and gut it or is it like the old GM and Chrysler (BDC) racing groups where they offered complete bodies and chassis' for racing?

The last time I heard Ford Racing built the cars for a lot of these events but did not take production cars to start with. That was in 2000 and Jag was also part of their 'Portfolio' at the time.

After reading the entire article, he should have pulled out of the race.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I don't think they use any production parts, body, chassis or otherwise. I think they should be required to use production body work at least. If it isn't aero enough then tough. That Charger they are using doesn't look anything like the production car front end.

MDB1

Expert Expediter
Duh!! Stupid me. I guess I live a sheltered life. I don't know ANYTHING about soaps. Can't say that I want to...