Bad Area

armin88

Expert Expediter
Wondering how other Panther drivers get a load out in a bad area,been sitting 3 days now on a board with daily load only 1. I know it's the holiday weekend but sitting these bad areas how do you get loaded out? How long do you sit waiting for a load?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hard question to answer. Depends on where, what kind of truck, are you a team? You get the picture. Remember to that this is a holiday weekend.

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
You deadhead out or EM out... Don't sit on boards with only one daily load out, especially with Panther

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
I'll usually call and ask how many loads out in last 5 and 21 days, then plan from there. Or ask them if it would benefit team Panther if we need a paid empty move somewhere else. Good luck

armin88

Expert Expediter
Right now I'm in Salt Lake City Utah drop off a load here on Friday am and been here since. Currently solo S/T my teammate when home for the holiday weekend. Not sure how to go about moving to better area looking at closest boards and they just as worst than this one. Trying head back east. I'll see what happens within next 24 hours, would Panther pay me to dead head to another area?

Newtothis

Seasoned Expediter
Yes sometimes they will offer a paid empty move to a board with better daily average. It doesn't cover all the gas but it sure helps, always ask driver relations for that option before moving fully on your own dime. Depends on the day and how many other units available on the boards. Good luck

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
What are the numbers for the boards?
It's been a long time since I was on the SLC board.

Have you talked to driver services? Have you talked to back haul?

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Right now I'm in Salt Lake City Utah drop off a load here on Friday am and been here since. Currently solo S/T my teammate when home for the holiday weekend. Not sure how to go about moving to better area looking at closest boards and they just as worst than this one. Trying head back east. I'll see what happens within next 24 hours, would Panther pay me to dead head to another area?

Two Weeks ago Panther booked us a load of two safes, 1600 lbs, on our tractor trAiler because there were no straights anywhere. The time before that dog bones.

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

armin88

Expert Expediter
Right now 2 straight trucks I'm # 2, I called Panther but they said wait till tomorrow to see what happens. Not sure who to speak to about a back haul

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I would say backhaul would be your best bet being a solo. If you knew before going there you would have been a solo, I wouldn't have recommended going out there with limited broker experience.
I guess the other option is head back and send the fuel bill to your co-driver who left you stranded.;)
Last option is wait until Friday for a weekend load. Expedite Loads during the week will be a problem because of hours.

Last edited:

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Right now 2 straight trucks I'm # 2, I called Panther but they said wait till tomorrow to see what happens. Not sure who to speak to about a back haul

If you are sitting in Salt Lake City, UT they will probably give you a Empty Move to Denver, Co or to Topeka, KS

535 to Denver
1064 to Topeka

As a solo I wouldn't go too far West, Unless we Negotiated a bonus to get me back to civilization, It's kind of a crapshoot either way unless you get a nice weekend run. But either way good luck getting back east!

armin88

Expert Expediter
How do I request a emty moved? I'm a team truck but my co-driver when home for family issue. Now I'm just north of SAlt lake

armin88

Expert Expediter
Called back haul dept didnt even knew they have one lol. Said to call in the morning so let's see what happens in am.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well if you are going to get a good weekend run it would be today.

Personally if I didn't get a load or backhaul today I would use the weekend to move to Topeka, KS and be sitting there Monday for a load. Denver can be as bad as Salt Lake City for loads, although occasionally I will get a good load out of there but more often then not I head to Topeka.

But either way good luck! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

armin88

Expert Expediter
Called back haul dept no good I can't haul cheap freight,my fleet owner said I should get a weekend run but no offers yet I hope I get something soon.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck to ya, but will Monday be your lucky day Tuesday, Wednesday? You just don't know for sure but it sucks when those days come around and you think man I should of just took the empty move.... One thing that's true in this business is hindsight is 20/20....

Not trying to be pessimistic but I've sat out there before for a week, sometimes it's best to cut your loses and run

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums