Back to work slip for FEDEX CC

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe some of you allready know this but, just to share with you.

Recently my wife slipped off the bottom step, falling on her out-streached left arm resulting with injury to her tricep muscle. As per the ER Doctor and our insurance company we followed up with a Occupational health physican as to what/when can she go back to work.

The Physician gave us a form (with letter head) with instructions and permission to go back to work. Here is the problem, His verbage " she is allowed to return to regular duties".

This form was sent to insurance and FEDEX cc safety. The Safety department called us and said "Can not use return to regular duties, it needs to say "Is allowed to drive a commerical Vehical".... We returned to the Doctor and he refused to change his verbage and said that the verbage he used has been ok with many other Drivers including FEDEX. Contact was made with Safety department and they went back and forth with the physician's office. He finnaly agreed to change the verbage.

All Things seemed to be in order untrill we get another phone call from Safety stating "the verbage is correct now, But we can not use a standard form it needs to be on a perscription slip.......End result we lost 5 days (after the innitial permission) of potential earnings because of this.

So, "Clear to drive a commercial vehicle" on a perscription slip need to be submitted to fedex safety before they will allow you back.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I am gonna see if my doctor can prescribe "only loads in excess of $2.00 per mile until patients financial health vastly improves":D